PARKING IN THE ROAD NOT ALLOWED !

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted (edited)

In parts of Los Banos the Municipality have a no parking ban !

And they have mobile patrols to enforce the ban not sure of the actual fine so many rumours.

Problem is though any bit of flat empty offroad space suddenly has tricycles and cars 

Parking on it regardless of whose land it is, still the road is now clear, any other places have parking bans ?

Edited by expatuk2014
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Olongapo started strict parking enforcement on some streets about 6 months ago.  Some of it I find strange because the business' have no other parking available and parking there does not hinder traffic.  They have a couple trucks that I have seen hoisting motorcycles, but I have not seen a car towed.

Clermont
Posted
Posted

When we were over there in February/March, around Pasay area, I was surprised at the amount of tow-trucks towing vehicles. In my eyes I recon there was less traffic congestion too, no double parking.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

The Bacolod parking ban is on-off-on-off-off-on-off-off-off-off-on.........................

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Here in Paranaque, there have been parking laws on the books for years. The locals tore all the signs down and ignored the law. :shades: Just before President D was sworn in signs reappeared saying the laws would be enforced effective inauguration day. That day tow truck kame through and had a fun time. It was hilarious watching the folks trying to get the tow drivers not take them away. After 2 weeks and no tow truks, yep they started parking again. 3.5 weeks later the trucks returned and mayhem again descended lololol. Folks are finally starting to get the idea and not park in those areas.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There is a rule about No Parking on the National Highway that is enforced in Dumaguete and Sibulan whenever a TMO officer is standing there to tell the driver to move along as he cannot park there.  As soon as the TMO officer is looking the other way or not there then someone else will park on the highway.  Its not like they get ticketed or towed.

(TMO = Traffic Management Office)

• Like 3

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Huh. I've only seen a tow truck once in three years here in Davao. Early on, I even asked my wife if the Philippines had tow trucks. Sometimes there will be an accident that we'll creep past in a taxi and it will still be there hours later when we go home.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I have never seen a tow truck in Philippines.

I smell business opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Reboot said:

I smell business opportunity.

Death wish?

• Like 2