PARKING IN THE ROAD NOT ALLOWED !

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Going thru Bacolod yesterday, I saw that you can park wherever you wish, as long as your 4 way flashers are on. At least 8 cars were parked on the main street in different areas with their flashers on. Every now and then, the pulis will confiscate 40 or 50 pedicabs and tie them by rope,10 together in a line, then pull them by car to an area until the fines are paid.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
On 8/2/2017 at 3:40 AM, Old55 said:

Death wish?

Yes, that is why there are no tow trucks....too many people carry guns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Just to add to this the local barangays in los banos have new tricycles for patrolling !

So yes the roads are virtually free of cars,tricycles etc.

But its caused another problem where do you park dozens of tricycles and cars ?

Well here any piece of land thats not being used , regardless who owns it.

The wifes family owns a small piece of land opposite our compound  where during the day

Theres 5 tricycles and 2 cars parked on it, i guy parks his car,tricycle,and a tricycle he has for sale on it as well. The wife is waiting for a cousin in the US to come home and we may fence it off.

But along the road another bit of empty land was fenced off, they just broke the fence and parked there anyway.so i suppose its leave well alone

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

Just to add to this the local barangays in los banos have new tricycles for patrolling !

So yes the roads are virtually free of cars,tricycles etc.

But its caused another problem where do you park dozens of tricycles and cars ?

Well here any piece of land thats not being used , regardless who owns it.

The wifes family owns a small piece of land opposite our compound  where during the day

Theres 5 tricycles and 2 cars parked on it, i guy parks his car,tricycle,and a tricycle he has for sale on it as well. The wife is waiting for a cousin in the US to come home and we may fence it off.

But along the road another bit of empty land was fenced off, they just broke the fence and parked there anyway.so i suppose its leave well alone

Get a parking attendant. He gets half of the parking fees, and either cleans up or prevents littering. Virtue of a necessity?

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 8/2/2017 at 7:36 AM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

The no street parking gets enforced sporadically. 

Sporadically enforcing the laws whether traffic or in this case parking can be an effective way to enforce the laws and help the general public to slowly learn.  As long as they would continue and use Integrity while doing so.  A few examples on a regular basis and the word would get around pretty fast.  I had many Violators complain why I stopped them and not all the others?  I would just ask them if they had ever gone fishing?  You can't catch them all!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, intrepid said:

A few examples on a regular basis and the word would get around pretty fast. 

Sounds good, but filipinos are hard headed.  Example.  Motorcycles crash and people die on the streets around Dumaguete every day.  It teaches me to be careful.  It seems to teach the local motorcyclists nothing.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, robert k said:

Get a parking attendant. He gets half of the parking fees, and either cleans up or prevents littering. Virtue of a necessity?

That is a very good piece of advice.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sounds good, but filipinos are hard headed.  Example.  Motorcycles crash and people die on the streets around Dumaguete every day.  It teaches me to be careful.  It seems to teach the local motorcyclists nothing.

My MB was hit by a woman parking her car last Thursday my mirror was moved around and no real damage done as it just swiveled on it`s thread.Her car however had a small crease in the door.

intrepid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I used to think that also back in the states.  But you would be surprised how fast they can learn when it hits their pocket.  But the problem here is lack of enforcement.  I had a conversation with several LTO on the street one evening and asking why they don't enforece some of the simple laws like running red lights and counter flowing.  The response was, "they will get upset with us and want to fight".  So instead of giving a penalty, they just explain what they are doing wrong and teach them, hoping they will learn.  WHAT?  I just said good job,..keep it up.  I hope when I make a mistake I run into one of them.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/2/2017 at 9:38 AM, sonjack2847 said:

They have signs here but obviously the locals cannot read.I have seen TMO staff standing there when people are breaking traffic/parking rules and do nothing.

Bliss reigns supreme.

• Like 1