Land power of attorney or leasing

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

For me, IF in Doubt, DON'T do anything that may come back and bite your backside.:thumbsup:

Yes Jack and that applies to everything else here as well.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

For me, IF in Doubt, DON'T do anything that may come back and bite your backside.:thumbsup:

I might not always be right, but I am never in doubt.

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

It always amazes me how folk continually look for ways to get around the system or to find loop holes. In my view, if a person is concerned about buying property and a house and putting it in his wife's name so he doesn't get taken advantage of. I would question why that person is getting married. If there is a concern, buy a condo or rent, that way a person is not opening themselves up to all sorts of potential legal problems. For we all know, no matter what the law says, it is staked against the expat here.

Well my guess would be it's similar to western style prenuptial agreement.

Given we do not have much in the way of rights here it's reasonable for people to protect what can well be a major investment.

Sadly shi..does happen and most resident ex pats have knowledge of someone's little sweetheart loosing her sweetness over time, or the foreigner being caught out is often the case. Either way it's prudent to have some form of protection in place.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

It always amazes me how folk continually look for ways to get around the system or to find loop holes. In my view, if a person is concerned about buying property and a house and putting it in his wife's name so he doesn't get taken advantage of. I would question why that person is getting married. If there is a concern, buy a condo or rent, that way a person is not opening themselves up to all sorts of potential legal problems. For we all know, no matter what the law says, it is staked against the expat here.

The wife might be lovely but remember you're marrying the family. I loved my last wife when I married her and 25trs later I wouldn't p&** on her if she was on fire. I'm worth 80% less than I could have been if I was as smart as I am now. :whistling:

• Like 3