Finding a Sense of Purpose in the Philippines

bows00
Posted
Posted

With retirement coming at the end of this year, I find myself thinking of how I will be spending my time in the Philippines.  

i will be 56, single, financially independent, and commuting from Hawaii to various locations until I find my ideal place to set down my roots.  

I feel fortunate to have the opportunity to find myself - to have a clean slate in life to discover who I really am.  I will spend a year looking within, and in my past... evaluating my strengths, and facing what I dislike and love to do.  Stephen Covey said it best - "You DETECT, rather than INVENT your purpose in life".  

Growing old does have it's benefits when done right and money is no longer a concern.  I will try to make the most of my new freedom in the Philippines...

• Like 4

bows00
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

I have just kind of relaxed more since moving here, stopped thinking about purposes and let things flow and play out as they go.:smile:

Bottom line, are you happier now?  

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

As like many here i am retired, we travel around a lot as the wife and sister want to visit as many churches as they can and i get to try different kinds of coffee and goodies from each place.

Such as peanut brittle from various markets. And different coffees, and it gets the wife out of the

Home and stops her washing clothes.

And compared to the UK i am much happier here

• Like 5