Finding a Sense of Purpose in the Philippines

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, bigpearl said:

In a nutshell I can retire 7 or 8 years earlier, have a comparable lifestyle but likely better, travel to countries on our bucket list, exist well and enjoy many of the simpler things in life that I have over looked for too many years, put my feet up as desired at my leisure, be a lazy sod in control with time to smell the roses and build a great life in the Philippines, family, friends, travel, meeting people but at the end of the day a home to live and share with those you love and ultimately feel comfortable/secure and live your life as you wish. Do what you want when you want to suit your life requirements, be mindful of your surroundings, politically, economically and local social norms, easy peasy really.

That pretty much sums it all up BigPearl! Hope you get here soon!:smile:

Edited by Queenie O.
  • Like 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 03/08/2017 at 8:30 AM, Queenie O. said:

That pretty much sums it all up BigPearl! Hope you get here soon!:smile:

Back and forward Queenie, but life and a job I love holds me here/other countries, committed and content ATM, my life and a job I love, not many worship their employment but I do, the challenges and achievements keeps me gainfully employed but within 2 years we will be living our life in PH, probably working O/S after we settle,  but a life choice and constant challenges/achievements keeps me active and fulfilled providing this works for the better half also when I supposedly retire. Retire? Nope, just a different direction in a cruiser lifestyle.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted

One of my problems when I get over there is going to be, walking with PI, gee they walk slow, maybe I just might have to stay drunk, I'm a slow walker when drunk. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Clermont said:

One of my problems when I get over there is going to be, walking with PI, gee they walk slow,

I am surprised you have one that walks far at all :smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Clermont said:

One of my problems when I get over there is going to be, walking with PI, gee they walk slow, maybe I just might have to stay drunk, I'm a slow walker when drunk. :hystery:

Are you referring to the head down slipper shuffle?

My wife keeps up to me all the time, even with our dog pulling ahead but our daughters and mother walk real slow. Our daughters because of their phones and our mother because she is 86.7 years old.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yeah wife still clenches the peso's tight in the fist, I don't mind walking though, gives me time to admire the curvature of the scenery as they walk past. I'm allowed to admire but not touch or :Zap: I'm a bakla. :shades:

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Mine would walk as far as the nearest trike. When she arrived in the UK she was in for a shock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3