Urban Legends of the Philippines

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

Urban Legends of the Philippines

Definition of urban legend

1.      :  an often lurid story or anecdote that is based on hearsay and widely circulated as true the urban legend of alligators living in the sewers —called also urban myth

Urban Legend No.1:  Is Grace Poe a Marcos?

POE-1.JPG

Rumor has been going around since the 1960s that Poe is an illegitimate daughter of Marcos’ father, the late strongman Ferdinand Marcos, with former movie actress Rosemarie Sonora, sister of Poe’s adoptive mother, movie actress Susan Roces.

Poe was abandoned in a church in Jaro, Iloilo province, after birth. She was adopted by movie actor Fernando Poe Jr. and his wife, Roces, in 1973.

It might as well be asked since we're talking about Senator Grace Poe's past as a foundling.

Who knows if the age-old rumor whispered in political corridors that she's the daughter of the late president Ferdinand Marcos and former Sampaguita Pictures actress Rosemarie Sonora (sister of Poe's mother Susan Roces) could dismiss doubts about her Filipino citizenship.

Poe, as widely known, was a foundling in Iloilo. She was later adopted by actors Fernando Poe Jr and Susan Roces, both showbiz celebrities.

But the loose talk about Marcos and Rosemarie Sonora persisted. And decades later, the story still makes for a great joke between Poe herself and Marcos' only son and namesake, fellow Senator Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr.

But just to be sure, is she willing to take a DNA test? "I’d rather not and I just hope that the people will accept the truth that I am stating," she said.

This story will likely go around for a little while longer.

Legend No. 2:  Vaginismus or Penis Captivus?

ABS-CBN News

Posted at Sep 13 2010 01:12 PM | Updated as of Sep 14 2010 08:17 PM

lock.JPG

MANILA, Philippines – Rumor saying that local celebrity couple--John Lloyd Cruz and Shaina Magdayao--was rushed to a hospital after suffering from what is called penis captivus has been denied by Star Magic.

Simply put, the so-called condition refers to an instance when a woman's muscles in the vagina clamp down on a man's penis so firmly that they lock inseparably in sexual intercourse.

Penis captivus is said to be common among animals (such as dogs), but not humans. The so-called condition may have a "largely hearsay" existence in medical history but is "not entirely mythical," a study by the British Medical Journal (BMJ) showed.

"Such a reaction cannot be dismissed offhand as impossible. It is theoretically quite possible. Yet it does not seem to have occurred in the past 100 years or so," BMJ said in the study, which was released in 1979.

http://www.rappler.com/newsbreak/inside-track/95168-grace-poe-illegitimate-child-marcos

• Like 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I suffered from Penis Captivus. Or at least that's I called it when the wife caught me with the neighbours sister. :nudie:

giphy.gif

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Vaginismus

www.webmd.com › Women's Health › Guide
Aug 19, 2016 - When a woman has vaginismus, her vagina's muscles squeeze or spasm when something is entering it, like a tampon or a penis. .

That tight?  Sounds like heaven for males. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Come on JGF, it wasn't that funny

4 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

All foreigners are rich

All foreigners are American

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Gary D said:

All foreigners are rich

All foreigners are American

Gary, these sound more like they are myths as opposed to being legends.

Legend vs. Myth

A legend is presumed to have some basis in historical fact and tends to mention real people or events. Historical fact morphs into a legend when the truth has been exaggerated to the point that real people or events have taken on a romanticized, "larger than life" quality.

In contrast, a myth is a type of symbolic storytelling that was never based on fact. Throughout time, myths have sought to explain difficult concepts (e.g., the origin of the universe) with the help of common story devices, such as personification and allegories.

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Legend_vs_Myth

Gary D
Posted
Posted

As far as I was aware Urban legend and Urban Myth are interchangable and mean the same.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Updated as of Sep 14 2010 08:17 PM

15 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:
MANILA, Philippines

– Rumor saying that local celebrity couple--John Lloyd Cruz and Shaina Magdayao--was rushed to a hospital after suffering from what is called penis captivus has been denied by Star Magic.

Old rumor and no proof or updates. :popcorn:

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Nothing to do with the subject above but going with the thread title, here is a list of top 5 haunted places in the Philippines. Was just a #2 in Siquijor last weekend for a friend's birthday. I kept pissin off the wife talking about looking for the White Lady, she kept telling me 'hilom' (be quiet) so I didn't call her and bring us bad luck. The other wives in the group didn't find it so funny either. I couldn't help myself though. LOL  http://www.choosephilippines.com/do/history-and-culture/3670/five-haunted-places-philippines/

• Like 1