Maybank

mogo51
Posted
Posted

We have been in Phils now for 3 weeks and met our neighbour the first few days.  Nice young man, he is the Manager of the local Maybank, he suggested we come and see him, which we did, opened our account there.

They are owned by Malaysian banking interests and Maybank is the 17th Largest bank in the world.  The service has been great and there is nothing that I can't find or get with his help.  Just sorted car insurance for 14k pesos full cover except for acts of god.

• Like 4

intrepid
Posted
Posted

It's so very great when you make a friend who can be helpful when you relocate like you have done.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I used Maybank for a year and I loved their service.  They are a higher end bank which means the lineups are short and they have a more personal relationship with their customers.  The fees are slightly higher than some other banks which is how they keep the "riff raff" out :hystery:

But I stopped going to them when they had no way to link me up with a credit card.  I needed a Philippine credit card for booking flights and hotels online as well as making online purchases.  At that time (2 1/2 years ago) Maybank did not have that and PSBank did.  I am guessing that may have changed now but worth looking into before you get too far into your banking relationship.  A Philippine credit card (Or a Mastercard link to a debit card) is very handy.

Do Maybank offer that now?

Clermont
Posted
Posted
  • Hi Mogo 51 , I'm pleased your doing all the leg work for me for when we get over there. It will be next year sometime so you should have been scammed a few times and this will help me from being a victim too. Not to high on the surcharge for advice:hystery:.
  • Like 3