Which TV?

mogo51
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I hear you but have a couple points.

Lazada both ships direct and has 'partner' suppliers that do third party shipping form both inside and outside of the Philippines. I generally order only from companies with 4 of 5 rating within the Philippines only. This TV ships not only from the Philippines but direct from Lazada also.

I did not particularly 'want' to buy a TV from Lazada either, however it was too hard to walk away from a p40,000 discount.

Hear  you Rt and now that we have found a new place to move to, will start to do some serious homework.  I am in Angeles waiting for SO who is up in Manila (will not go there) visiting family.  Going over this morning to the Shopping Mall and will take pen and paper with me.

It is a big drawcard when you can get 50 or 52 "  instead of 40 or 42.  At least the rain has stopped now.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/4/2017 at 3:25 PM, Gator said:

Skip the app and steam it via your phone/tablet/laptop. I do that often when I travel there and the cable service only has basic channels. All you need is an HDMI cable to whatever type connector your phone, etc has. 

The last condo I rented had a HiSense TV in it, although I think it was about 40". Remote was a bit buggy, but picture was good. Had external speakers hooked up to it if I recall. 

Off to do some checking at stores, AlwaysAt got a good deal with Lazada which would save me having to drag it out of the store and up the stairs to the apartment.  

• Like 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted

Good to hear the rain stopped Ron. We purchased a 50" Devant over 5 years ago, a cheaper brand but works well, still being watched daily by the outlaws, so far reliable.

Having a 4K smart TV in Oz, would also have when we move there, good luck with your choice.

Cheers, Steve.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bigpearl said:

Good to hear the rain stopped Ron. We purchased a 50" Devant over 5 years ago, a cheaper brand but works well, still being watched daily by the outlaws, so far reliable.

Having a 4K smart TV in Oz, would also have when we move there, good luck with your choice.

Cheers, Steve.

Thanks Steve.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/4/2017 at 7:41 AM, AlwaysRt said:

Pleased with my 50" 1080p Hisense, around p18k at Robinsons, Very pleased with my 65" Itechie 4K Smart TV, with soundbar and delivery was p28K when I bought it, now p28,500 TV only but very much worth it in my opinion (you will want a soundbar or speakers as the builtin sound like a can) http://www.lazada.com.ph/itechie-65-4k-smart-led-tv-black-f-6500-10225164.html?spm=a2o4l.category-030500000000.0.0.1Ulqk6&ff=1&sc=EW8U

Delivery was impressive, they built a wooden crate around the manufacturer's box. Very solid and safe. 

Does your TV have connections for surround sound (what does the sound bar do, I assume improves audio?}. I also assume it has a usb for hdmi attachment???

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Does your TV have connections for surround sound (what does the sound bar do, I assume improves audio?}. I also assume it has a usb for hdmi attachment???

The sound bar improves sound quality and volume tremendously. Current setup. Had to see but soundbar is directly under the TV (zoom might help to see it) I use my laptop for input (so do not use the SmartTV function) and used the provided cable to connect from single out on laptop to left/right input on Sound bar. The 2 HDMI inputs on the TV are the laptop and the X-Box.

20170806_165814.jpg

Soundbar has a remote + controls on the side + back panel inputs left/right, power, and FM antenna for built in radio

20170806_165833.jpg20170806_165851.jpg

Back left of TV has bult in wifi, bottom of TV inputs

20170806_165928.jpg20170806_165937.jpg

Edited by AlwaysRt
    • Like 1

OnMyWay
    Posted
    Posted
    47 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

The sound bar improves sound quality and volume tremendously. Current setup. Had to see but soundbar is directly under the TV (zoom might help to see it) I use my laptop for input (so do not use the SmartTV function) and used the provided cable to connect from single out on laptop to left/right input on Sound bar. The 2 HDMI inputs on the TV are the laptop and the X-Box.

20170806_165814.jpg

Soundbar has a remote + controls on the side + back panel inputs left/right, power, and FM antenna for built in radio

20170806_165833.jpg20170806_165851.jpg

Back left of TV has bult in wifi, bottom of TV inputs

20170806_165928.jpg20170806_165937.jpg

I have had a couple of sound bars that sounded very nice.  They also included a separate sub-woofer for extra kick.

Jack Peterson
      Posted
      Posted

We bought a Philips smart  47" You name it it's got it, @ 28.000 peso from Robinson Appliances

• Thanks 1

Angel1403
      Posted
      Posted
      3 hours ago, mogo51 said:

Thanks Steve.

Is there 4k cable in Manila yet? I think its just HD on Sky.......4k is great for sure hehe...looks great on Netflix.....Oh I wonder if you get 4k Netflix in Philippines?   

Cheers

mogo51
      Posted
      Posted
      1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

We bought a Philips smart  47" You name it it's got it, @ 28.000 peso from Robinson Appliances

Was in there today at Angeles Jack, they do have some good deals.  I have checked out Lazada  also and found a good deal with Sharp Aquus also.  Both Smart TVs as recommended by the members here.