Browned off

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I went down the 13A route, and did my application in Hong Kong. One trip to get the paperwork, a second to hand in everything I needed, and picked up the visa on the 3rd. Very, very simple provided you have all the necessary paperwork at hand.

When I arrived here, handed over the envelope the Hong Kong guys gave me to the BI within 7 days, had a super-quick medical interview (500php) because my Hong Kong medical report was lost (hmmm...) and the BI here in Iloilo did the ACER application - card arrived about 1 month later so no need to trek to Manila.

Permanent from Day 1, cheaper, faster and I assume less troublesome than doing everything when you arrive here. I'm not sure why anyone would not do it that way unless they don't have the time, but I'd say it took about 1 month max.

Do you know if there is a requirement to be in Hong Kong for a certain amount of time before using the embassy there? How long did it take from 1st to last visit? Could someone go for a vacation and apply while there?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

I went down the 13A route, and did my application in Hong Kong. One trip to get the paperwork, a second to hand in everything I needed, and picked up the visa on the 3rd. Very, very simple provided you have all the necessary paperwork at hand.

When I arrived here, handed over the envelope the Hong Kong guys gave me to the BI within 7 days, had a super-quick medical interview (500php) because my Hong Kong medical report was lost (hmmm...) and the BI here in Iloilo did the ACER application - card arrived about 1 month later so no need to trek to Manila.

Permanent from Day 1, cheaper, faster and I assume less troublesome than doing everything when you arrive here. I'm not sure why anyone would not do it that way unless they don't have the time, but I'd say it took about 1 month max.

That`s ok if you are not already here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Hi hk blues, when we make it over there, we are heading to Panay Island to live, I see your over in Iloilo, my wife just about know everyone  on the island, ha ha. When we get over there if your still around we might meet up, could even be related, ha ha, there all cousins. :hystery: :Caught:

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
On 05/08/2017 at 7:36 AM, Clermont said:

Well looks like we're on our way over to the PI quicker than we thought. 🚣🏼I got in touch with the immigration mob yesterday and according to them, the wife's Permanent Residency visa has been blown out from 5 months to 21 to 37 months, then another 4 years before citizenship, cause, heavy demand on applicants. It's been 8 months since she was eligible, so, because of our age we have decided to head over , we will be in our 70 ' s before we get through all the paperwork. 😡Anyway, what I will be wanting of you blokes/gals is honest not rumours about visa types for staying in the PI for good, links would be good. 🤔Also when the time is rite I will be needing more info, I hope Mogo 51 reads this, he should have been scammed a few times by now and sorted out the paperwork , 😘thank all.

Sad to hear, for us, 11 months odd to get  temp residency in Oz, move. Then once in Oz, 24 months later Permanent residency granted. Work, Medicare etc available on arrival, temp resident. Why would your wife want to relinquish her Filipino citizenship? No need. Or are there new laws with dual citizenship? Bengie worked and prospered for 20 months prior to permanent residency, If you love and want to live in Oz then do the hard yards, as I get older we look at retirement and Ph is where we will go, less than 2 years to go, property already secured, simpler life and close to family. 

As others have said the 13a but depending on your financial situation the SRRV could be worth a look or SIRV, depends on individual finances, wishes and trust. http://www.pra.gov.ph   https://www.philembassy.no/consular-services/visa/special-investors-resident-visa-sirv info is here and on this and other sites, this one appears to be the best. Good luck with your choices, I think we have had similar dialogue before but may be wrong. 

Cheers, Steve.

• Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Hi Steve, yes we've talked before, I think the SSRV path is an unwarranted financial path, don't get me wrong, but I looked at that earlier and to have a PI department looking after my money, I don't think so. The 13 a process seems a lot more simpler, although you have to register  each year and pay approx 350 peso per year, plus personally lodge the document. Yes we are financial enough to go down the SSRV path but my wife is PI and she worked in a administration position for nearly forty years, no way she will trust that path. Thanks for the link and just of late, visa rules have changed, 457 visas have been abolished and replaced with a 187 visa, this means that all them 457 visa holders are applying for the 187 visa, costing $9000 to proses, all other visas are on hold until the backlog is caught up. Just another money grab, our money was paid 2 years ago, and yes, because of our age our plans where to retire in PI while giving my wife the comfort of having Medicare here if the need arose. I have paid enough taxes to not feel guilty about that last couple of lines, so once sold up, PI here we come and we'll worry about medical, if a problem arrives.:console:

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/5/2017 at 6:19 AM, scott h said:

Advise here is worth exactly what your paying for it :hystery:

I suggest (assuming your wife is traveling on a Philippine passport) that you come in on a Balikbayan visa. As said above that give you a year to see if you even like it here. After 6 months you can apply for the 13a that some of us have. You can apply for a 13a visa while in your home country, it just depends on how much time you have before your move and how close to the consulate you live, it will take several trips

good luck 

He can extend the BB visa for a further 12 months.

Hi Clermont, so far very little 'rip off' encountered, especially up here in Nth Luzon.  Whilst it will happen unless you are on the ball so to speak, that applies all over the world.  Come here with a positive and open mind, I am sure you will settle down well into your area of choice. Do you know where you will drop the bags?

Not too close to the wife's family is a good rule, but no doubt you have read this on the forum.  If I can be of any assistance just let me know.

• Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, mogo51 said:

He can extend the BB visa for a further 12 months.

Hi Clermont, so far very little 'rip off' encountered, especially up here in Nth Luzon.  Whilst it will happen unless you are on the ball so to speak, that applies all over the world.  Come here with a positive and open mind, I am sure you will settle down well into your area of choice. Do you know where you will drop the bags?

Not too close to the wife's family is a good rule, but no doubt you have read this on the forum.  If I can be of any assistance just let me know.

Extending the BB just reverts you to the visit visa path. You can then gain another 24 months giving 36 month in total.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 14/08/2017 at 4:34 PM, Clermont said:

Hi hk blues, when we make it over there, we are heading to Panay Island to live, I see your over in Iloilo, my wife just about know everyone  on the island, ha ha. When we get over there if your still around we might meet up, could even be related, ha ha, there all cousins. :hystery: :Caught:

Sorry for the late reply, missed the replies! Sure...just let me know and we can catch up over a San Mig.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 09/08/2017 at 10:24 AM, AlwaysRt said:

Do you know if there is a requirement to be in Hong Kong for a certain amount of time before using the embassy there? How long did it take from 1st to last visit? Could someone go for a vacation and apply while there?

Sorry for coming back late on this.

I don't really know, but imagine there is no requirement to be in Hong Kong  for a period of time when you apply at the Embassy there. Everything is done at the Embassy, nothing by mail so how would they know if you actually live there or not?

From 1st to last visit I'd say 1 month, but think it was nearer 2 weeks. 3 trips, one to get the forms (you could probably get them online) a second to hand everything in and a third to pick up the visa.

PaulB
Posted
Posted
On 05/08/2017 at 1:11 PM, expatuk2014 said:

My advice is if you can go to the Philipines embassy first

When i applied the Embassy needed triple copies of both mine and the wifes birth certificates

Bank statements , police report, a medical report and XRay for me which had to be put onto a cd.

Funny thing was the medical dept in the bi in Manila couldnt use the Cd as they were still running windows xp !

It took 2 trips from Southampton for me.

Got my 13a visa on the second trip .

Its  a lot better than the immigration in Manila.

And theres no fixers 

However you may stiil have to go to Manila to get your 13a ACR card

Im told these may be available soon from the BI satelitte offices in your area.

Then of course theres the Annual reporting where the rules change every year !

Once you have settled here my advice again if its possible is to do as much as you

Can such as Annual reporting etc and any immigration problems in the same BI office each year

Stay away from Manila unless you really have to go there

Expat 2014 are you a scummer? I am a Pompey boy from down the M27!