Moving from Leyte to Cebu

Mojo
Posted
Posted

Greetings Expats,

I am moving a fully furnished 2-bedroom apartment from Leyte to Cebu and was hopeful someone on this forum knew of a person or company with a 14 foot or larger box-truck and driver I could hire for this move.

I have searched online for over a week with no success and thought perhaps someone here had used a moving company before and had their contact information.

I appreciate any help you may offer. 

All the best,

Mojo

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Any time I have moved as you plan, I have "networked" with local people to find someone with a truck.  You need to search for the local term "lipat bahay" to find someone who will do it.

Philippine moving companies in Cebu are expensive and not professional, IMHO.  A local guy with a truck is often more careful and willing to do it cheaper.  I cannot pass on info about guys with trucks as it changes from year to year.  They sell the truck, or it breaks down, or I lose their number etc.

So as an example:  I searched Google for "Lipat Bahay Leyte to Cebu" and got this guy < Click it. It a link

The above link is not a recommendation and I don't know the guy.  Its just an example of what you get when you search.

I guess that guy is proud of his loading skills!  :whistling:

13517688_794550217312322_9008948883448191336_o.jpg

I would never use an open truck for a longer move.  We have several in the area with closed trucks that have the sides that open completely.  It makes it easier for them to load / unload with less chance of damage.

Good luck in your search!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Yes, look and ask for "lipat bahay". Make sure you get a box truck that is fully closed. They will not have padding so get your own blankets and cardboard for padding between furniture when loading. As an example, I did a move with a box truck where the bed of the truck was 12-16 foot long. For a delivery that took 12-16 hours driving one way (On Luzon)  it cost approximately 15k pesos. In my move we had a BIL ride along with the truck. We also paid for their food and gave them a place to sleep when they arrived. We found ours by looking at the classifieds in the local newspaper and then making some phone calls. You will have to pay extra for the ferry from Leyte to Cebu.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

We used Caesar Trucking for our move from Cebu City to Argao (2 hours south) in 2011and 5 years later from Argao to Masbate (different region) when we gave all our stuff to wife's family. So he can do inter-island moves. I don't remember the exact charges but they were reasonable and I think he is trustworthy. They have big trucks. He's been around a long time. Tell him Mike from Argao recommended him if you decide to call. He's located in Cebu City so you may have to go there to work it out.

These are the numbers I have:

032 2618635

• Like 1