Stock Out!

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

The dis

6 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I went to S&R in Cebu over a year ago and looked all over for cans of V8 vegetable juice.  Finally I went to customer service and asked "Do you carry this or not?"  The girl checked the computer and said "Yes sir, we carry that." I said "where is it"  She said "according to the computer we have had "no stock" for about 6 months now."  I said "Do you know when you will get more?"  "She said "I do not know sir, but it is on the list of items we sell".  (Note:  I eventually found a whole bunch of it at S&R Alabang.  They must have been hoarding it there)

The disconnect is bizarre. And the resolution is that your questions were answered. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

jpbago
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I went to S&R in Cebu over a year ago and looked all over for cans of V8 vegetable juice.  Finally I went to customer service and asked "Do you carry this or not?"  The girl checked the computer and said "Yes sir, we carry that." I said "where is it"  She said "according to the computer we have had "no stock" for about 6 months now."  I said "Do you know when you will get more?"  "She said "I do not know sir, but it is on the list of items we sell".  (Note:  I eventually found a whole bunch of it at S&R Alabang.  They must have been hoarding it there)

Have you seen or tried the Heinz Garden Cocktail? It is similar to the Heinz V8. Maybe fuel injected.:smile:

Out of or can't find stock...I bought a sump pump with 1 inch discharge from Citi Hardware. Their pc said they had the hose for it but they could not find it so I bought 3/4 inch hose and a reducer. They had  5 or 6 different pumps all with 1 inch discharges but no matching hose.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jpbago said:

Out of or can't find stock...I bought a sump pump with 1 inch discharge from Citi Hardware. Their pc said they had the hose for it but they could not find it so I bought 3/4 inch hose and a reducer. They had  5 or 6 different pumps all with 1 inch discharges but no matching hose.

Typical!

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

If I see something that I love that is not perishable, I'll buy as many as I can afford! Who knows when that item will appear again!?

Don't hate me now if your item is out of stock in Cebu!:mocking:

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Queenie O. said:

If I see something that I love that is not perishable, I'll buy as many as I can afford! Who knows when that item will appear again!?

Don't hate me now if your item is out of stock in Cebu!:mocking:

Queenie, actually I like smart women and your response to the situation is as smart as it gets!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/7/2017 at 11:26 AM, Jack Peterson said:

You Know, I find all this very odd at times, with the technology they have at POS (Point of Sale [The Till]) one would think that they  would have an Automatic Stock replenishment system based on Todays sales. Maybe they do but just don't know how to use it

Yes smaller stores have a manual system 

bead counter.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/7/2017 at 8:11 AM, scott h said:

Same all over I think. IMHO companies just do not want to invest in keeping large amounts of back stock. I think it is almost cultural. When my wife first moved to the states she would buy toilet paper for 2 months. Even now with the stoking improved a bit here in Paranaque she still buys large amounts of stuff 

It is because of 'just in case' that she buys large quantities.

• Like 1