visiting Dumaguete

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

In the near future it would be nice to meet up with folk face to face and have a good natter and maybe over a few days and seeing each other you could become great friends , then again after a few hours could become boring for a few.:whistling:.

So if i was to visit Dumaguete because there seems to be lots of you there plus its a way from Manila too is there places to see in that area, so its a holiday for us both.

What are the hotels or guest houses like , is there things to do  and is a week or ore to long to stay there.

Again its trying to find out if its a vacation/holiday or just a weekend break for us both.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
corrected title spelling

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Dumaguete is nice but very provincial, maybe that's why it's nice. We often stay at the Bethal on the boulevard, great for early morning, evening walks. There are a few places nearby to visit but nothing to get excited about.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Morning Steve and hello everybody.......Dumaguete is a good stopping place with  Siguijor and Bohol just a fast cat ferry away.

Well worth the trip to meet up with forum friends, if you include Bohol too, I'm sure you would enjoy it.

Will try to upload a few pictures....one of the photos shows internet friends, John (Jellyfish RIP) on the left, sadly he died shortly after in a motorcycle accident

then me on the right and Rhoody in the middle. Jack P will no doubt know more infomation.......(give my regards to old friends Jack )

graphic photos.......Dumaguete Friends and places | Flickr

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

In the near future it would be nice to meet up with folk face to face and have a good natter and maybe over a few days and seeing each other you could become great friends , then again after a few hours could become boring for a few.:whistling:.

So if i was to visit Dumaguete because there seems to be lots of you there plus its a way from Manila too is there places to see in that area, so its a holiday for us both.

What are the hotels or guest houses like , is there things to do  and is a week or ore to long to stay there.

Again its trying to find out if its a vacation/holiday or just a weekend break for us both.

Steve a week here would be fine.You will find plenty to do to keep you busy for the week.There are plenty of Hotels and resorts with a varying range of prices and quality.And a week will give you plenty of time to spend your tourist pounds on my beer.

• Like 3

davewe
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

As much as Dumaguete is popular some research suggests many shady characters. Best to avoid these foreigners. 

Dave L.jpg    jack p.jpg   kevin h.jpg

I'm too new to have made the most wanted list. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 8/7/2017 at 6:36 PM, davewe said:

I'm too new to have made the most wanted list. 

You are too evasive haha