Foreigners fight over Filipina

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

Frustrated murder, that's a good one!!!

I understand his frustration at not getting any while the (some nationality) was getting all he could handle.  I can understand his frustration at hitting the (some nationality) many times but not killing him, (some nationalities are plenty tough).  So maybe "attempted murder while frustrated" would suit this crime.  However, "frustrated murder" is the legal term for this offense in Philippines so we have to learn their version of English.

Spoiler

Off topic:  Its like whenever I forget myself and ask my fiance for a napkin she gets a silly grin and throws a sanitary pad at me.  English here is not the same as English in other places.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I understand his frustration at not getting any while the (some nationality) was getting all he could handle.  I can understand his frustration at hitting the (some nationality) many times but not killing him, (some nationalities are plenty tough).  So maybe "attempted murder while frustrated" would suit this crime.  However, "frustrated murder" is the legal term for this offense in Philippines so we have to learn their version of English.

Hide contents

Off topic:  Its like whenever I forget myself and ask my fiance for a napkin she gets a silly grin and throws a sanitary pad at me.  English here is not the same as English in other places.  

More like frustratingly tried to murder the pain in his heart by giving the pain to the guy sleeping with his ex...

OT: Also a new meaning to the phrase 'hey baby, come on over to my pad' :hystery: 

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

6 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

However, "frustrated murder" is the legal term for this offense in Philippines so we have to learn their version of English.

Attempted or frustrated murder?

By The Manila Times on August 22, 2013

One evening, a man stepped out of his home and was shot by the accused. As his two daughters rushed to his aid, the accused shot one of the girls in the abdomen. The man and his daughter were rushed to the hospital. The man fully recovered after the treatment of his gunshot wound on his right forearm. His daughter however was proclaimed dead on arrival at the hospital.

The accused was charged with murder and frustrated murder, both with the use of an unlicensed firearm. In his defense, the accused claimed that the shooting incident occurred because he had acted in self-defense. He alleged that the man, who was then armed with a gun, challenged him to a fight. The man attempted to shoot him but the shotgun jammed. The accused then tried to wrestle the gun away but during the struggle, the shotgun fired. The accused claimed he did not know if anyone was shot.

Both the Regional Trial Court and the Court of Appeals convicted the accused of murder and frustrated murder. On appeal, the Supreme Court upheld the conviction of murder but found the accused guilty not of frustrated murder, but attempted murder. Under Article 6 of the Revised Penal Code, the stages in the commission of felonies or crimes are as follows:

Consummated felonies as well as those which are frustrated and attempted are punishable.

A felony is consummated when all the elements necessary for its execution and accomplishment are present; and it is frustrated when the offender performs all the acts of execution which would produce the felony as a consequence but which, nevertheless, do not produce it by reason of causes independent of the will of the perpetrator.

There is an attempt when the offender commences the commission of a felony directly by overt acts, and does not perform all the acts of execution which should produce the felony by reason of some cause or accident other than his own spontaneous desistance.

In a frustrated felony, the offender has performed all the acts of execution, which should have produced the felony as a consequence, but did not for some reason independent of the offender’s will. In an attempted felony, the offender merely begins the commission of the crime by some overt acts but does not perform all acts of execution due to some cause or accident other than the offender’s own spontaneous desistance.

In classifying the crime as attempted murder rather than frustrated murder, the High Court held:

In frustrated murder, there must be evidence showing that the wound would have been fatal were it not for timely medical interventions. If the evidence fails to convince the court that the wound sustained would have caused the victim’s death without timely medical attention, the accused should be convicted of attempted murder and not frustrated murder. In the instant case, it does not appear that the wound sustained by [the man]was mortal (People of the Philippines v. Labiaga, G.R. No. 202867, 15 July 2013, J. Carpio).

http://www.manilatimes.net/attempted-or-frustrated-murder/32274/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

So in order of severity from highest to lowest it goes murder, frustrated murder, attempted murder and a murderous look if only my eyes could shoot daggers?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

from Ireland

Usually, frustrated murder is judged by the severity of the wound. If the victim’s injury was serious enough to inflict death if not for timely medical intervention, then it can be deemed frustrated murder.

I liked your quote Mark because somehow you let every know what the other country was, well done and from an old post, you read them all like the rest of us.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, bigpearl said:

I liked your quote Mark because somehow you let every know what the other country was, well done and from an old post, you read them all like the rest of us.

Thanks Steve. It pays to use the preview feature, since I was able to see that there was a prohibited word, so I hacked it in order to provide a nationality.

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Thanks Steve. It pays to use the preview feature, since I was able to see that there was a prohibited word, so I hacked it in order to provide a nationality.

You are a smarter man than me, well done as I only knew this from reading earlier posts and eventually worked out the nationality and the implications/banter for the omission/fun months ago.

Cheers, Steve.

Edited by bigpearl
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

The thing is whether your smart or banned. Make a choice ?  You have no idea of the problems that I encounter so this is final warning, get it. 

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Reveal hidden contents

Murder is murder Dave whether you were frustrated, stupid, enraged, horny!!! 

mogo51
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, earthdome said:

So in order of severity from highest to lowest it goes murder, frustrated murder, attempted murder and a murderous look if only my eyes could shoot daggers?

What about 'if only I had the guts murder'?