Foreigners fight over Filipina

mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank god for the British judicial system.  I thought it was complicated, but now that the Philippines has got hold of Spanish/US  laws (I assume), they have certainly given it a good massage.  I have not read the Crimes Act for Philippines, but did when I was in Thailand and it was nearly as crazy.

A sensible and mostly used over the world system, is that if a person causes the death of another, then it is murder.  There may be extraneous circumstances that may cause the charge to be lowered to Manslaughter or Negligent Act causing death.  

But where there is  an incident such as this (only relying on the reported circumstances), then the correct charge would be murder.  If the defense can prove provocation  in mitigation, there may be a reduction to Manslaughter - but I doubt it in these circumstances.  He has apparently gone there armed with intent and carried it out!

Edited by mogo51

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

But where there is  an incident such as this (only relying on the reported circumstances), then the correct charge would be murder.  

The only problem with a murder charge is that the victim is still alive... at least he was still alive when the incident was first reported.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/local-news/2017/08/07/foreigners-fight-over-filipina-fit-jealousy-557112

• I'm Confused 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

No problems, I read it as he was dead. But just add attempt before murder and problem solved.  This depends upon what the offender says during the interview or if he opened his mouth  in front of others at the scene.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 8/8/2017 at 10:11 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

The word "( some nationality )" is changed automatically because a member complains about ( some nationality ) jokes. The word filter can not be set for individual forums so if anyone uses that word it gets changed forum wide. :thumbsup:

Why is he ashamed of his "( some nationality )" roots.I for sure am not.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Why is he ashamed of his "( some nationality )" roots.I for sure am not.

He sees jokes as racism.  :89:

• Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

He sees jokes as racism.  :89:

This is where it starts, and the joker did not realize that some folk dont see the joke.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, stevewool said:

This is where it starts, and the joker did not realize that some folk dont see the joke.

OK let's go back to the topic. I will remove off posts later. :thumbsup:

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Are the PI running out of eligible women 😛

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Are the PI running out of eligible women

You may be surprised to find out that they are.  There is a limited supply and when guys from all over the world are clamoring to meet them online, and when these guys are all competing for the brightest and cutest top 10%, then the girls often find themselves having to do double duty to keep all the guys happy :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You may be surprised to find out that they are.  There is a limited supply and when guys from all over the world are clamoring to meet them online, and when these guys are all competing for the brightest and cutest top 10%, then the girls often find themselves having to do double duty to keep all the guys happy :hystery:

Only for now as soon there will be a new generation of Filipina/some other nationality girls as seen in the winners of the Miss Universe and Asian Top Model pageants, even more beautiful than pure Filipinas.

• Like 2