19 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Nicely done Queenie!  :thumbsup:

Thanks Mark--you should start a collection!:smile:

mogo51
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

They are great Mogo--especially basil!

Thai basil will blow your head off Queenie.  Buyt very flavoursome.

• Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, bigpearl said:

I'm growing rosemary right now, but no "maryjane"!

In Italy, "maryjane" is or was classified as a herb.

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Not totally related, but this is my favorite song..:smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqcDG_xLWPY

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Thanks Virginprune! It sounds like you've got a similar collection. Yeah---even myself I was a little worried that our new puppy would want to get at these pots too, but so far he hasn't shown any interest.:smile: The other two dogs don't notice it seems.

Basil would be great in the ground probably, because you could grow more for pesto and such. I had some basil growing in a window box like I have now, and I was surprised how many months it just kept growing strong before it finally wore itself out! I grew that from seed, and it came up quickly. I told RBM and agree, that coriiander would be a great plant to own.  Curry would be great too, but haven't found it yet. I have  tarragon now, but I lost a plant in the past, so I haven't been as fortunate as you with that one, so we'll see. A chef friend is a really good source for you for herb plants I'll bet! Show future pics here when you can!:smile:

Here we are, put them together for group photo. Bookended by Rosemary, then Tarragon, Curry Leaf, Basil and Oregano, L-R. Thyme and Mint in front. As you can see the Thyme is a poor showing, this happened before in pot so considering planting again because last lot grew strong in the ground. Have warned the dog that he will be planted if he tears anything up this time!

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, virginprune said:

Here we are, put them together for group photo. Bookended by Rosemary, then Tarragon, Curry Leaf, Basil and Oregano, L-R. Thyme and Mint in front. As you can see the Thyme is a poor showing, this happened before in pot so considering planting again because last lot grew strong in the ground. Have warned the dog that he will be planted if he tears anything up this time!

image.jpeg

Wow! That's great Virginprune! Everything looks so healthy and lush--I hope mine get to that size. Great!

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

In Italy, "maryjane" is or was classified as a herb.

That's right JJ--it is an herb! :smile:  Oops! Sorry for the repeat posts! 

Edited by Queenie O.

virginprune
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Not totally related, but this is my favorite song..:smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqcDG_xLWPY

Two by The Move spring to mind, Flowers In The Rain and I Can Hear The Grass Grow.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I tried growing herbs but nothing worked.  In the city I had some mint that did extremely well, but when we moved out here, it died.  I bought sweet basil, thyme, mint, cilantro (the local large saw leafed stuff), and a couple others.  Most died pretty quickly and the rest died as soon as the dry season came.  They just baked and withered.  Orchids do well, herbs, not so much. 

I wonder if they would work inside?

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Found easiest to grow and used the most is tarragon, love the flavour in cold water (first soak in hotwater) or make a T, grows well. We keep replacing the basal as it last just a few months but love it. Coriander we were growing last year successfully but not this year. Now growing cilantro which is similar, at least top leaves. Must try find some parsley cuttings.

• Like 3