Closed for Lunch

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Benington said:

The unmessy sandwich has never really caught on here, even with people working in places like Makati. Because it's not rice? It's cold? Fillings of poor quality?

I noticed the convience stores like Family mart have pre made sandwiches . Did have one once and it was OK. 

jpbago
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Benington said:

The unmessy sandwich has never really caught on here, even with people working in places like Makati. Because it's not rice? It's cold? Fillings of poor quality?

Sandwiches are not cared for much here. You see at the airports, they have both sandwiches for the Kanos and noodles for the Filipinos. They eat bread as an afternoon snack. Vietnam is quite different, they have a nice banh mi sandwich stall at every corner.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Sandwiches are not cared for much here. You see at the airports, they have both sandwiches for the Kanos and noodles for the Filipinos. They eat bread as an afternoon snack. Vietnam is quite different, they have a nice banh mi sandwich stall at every corner.

Well JB that depends on where you are and who owns the Establishment (or at least runs it) Kev (Sonjack) and I use a Sori Sori up the road from him that does a nice line in Sandwiches (Proper) fairy good Bread (Sliced)  butter and a Filling of Either cheese with Onion or Tomato, Egg mayonnaise or sliced Hard Boiled Egg, one time I had the Last Ham one (Shame as I was partial to that) at 25 peso a Sandwich they are good Snack value. I believe the Guy is an Ozzie (I  am almost sure) and knows how to attract  a pair Of Afternoon Beer Buddies :thumbsup: :cheers:

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well JB that depends on where you are and who owns the Establishment (or at least runs it)

Duma does have a lot more foreigners than Bacolod both as tourists and as business owners so the market is there, like at an airport. The sandwiches that I see in Bacolod are hamburgers with lots of mayo.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, jpbago said:

Duma does have a lot more foreigners than Bacolod both as tourists and as business owners so the market is there, like at an airport. The sandwiches that I see in Bacolod are hamburgers with lots of mayo.

Granted JB but this place is in the Sticks on the road to Valencia many Locals use it and enjoy the Sandwiches

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well JB that depends on where you are and who owns the Establishment (or at least runs it) Kev (Sonjack) and I use a Sori Sori up the road from him that does a nice line in Sandwiches (Proper) fairy good Bread (Sliced)  butter and a Filling of Either cheese with Onion or Tomato, Egg mayonnaise or sliced Hard Boiled Egg, one time I had the Last Ham one (Shame as I was partial to that) at 25 peso a Sandwich they are good Snack value. I believe the Guy is an Ozzie (I  am almost sure) and knows how to attract  a pair Of Afternoon Beer Buddies :thumbsup: :cheers:

Yes I `ve had the sandwiches there a few times.Good to take on a day trip.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

The No Noon break thing in Government departments makes me smile - well, not always!

It's not as if the staff don't take a lunch-break - it simply means they are staggered over a 3-hour period. The end result is 3 hours of inefficiency rather than 1 hour!  And it allows the staff to add a few minutes on to break times as I'm sure nobody is clocking in and out their staff.

I'm not convinced it's effective.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have just come back from BDO I had to pay money into somebody else`s account.Now the queue is about 20 people long and they decide that 2 of them are going to lunch.

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 8/9/2017 at 5:01 PM, sonjack2847 said:

Yes I `ve had the sandwiches there a few times.Good to take on a day trip.

If you don't mind Kevin where exactly is that sandwich Shop? Reason ask is often been going Valencia for hiking.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have just come back from BDO I had to pay money into somebody else`s account.Now the queue is about 20 people long and they decide that 2 of them are going to lunch.

Sounds normal :whistling: