NORTH KOREA PLANS MISSILE STRIKE ON GUAM

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

North Korea State media states there is a serious review of attacking Guam with  missiles. 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

For a country whose leader appears to like killing those that can succeed him I doubt he'd risk his position by asking for a retaliatory strike on his head.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

No one has ever actually call them out before. The new UN sanctions may for the first time cause them real harm. It's a complicated problem no easy answers.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Hawaii's Civil Defense has already been preparing its residents for a North Korea nuclear attack. The advise is to stockpile food, medicine and water for two weeks. The old preparedness plan was 3 days supply of food, medicine and water in case of hurricane or typhoon.

In California, I used to have a "bug out" bag in the car containing supplies. This was in the event of an earthquake and you would have to walk home.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Hawaii's Civil Defense has already been preparing its residents for a North Korea nuclear attack. The advise is to stockpile food, medicine and water for two weeks. The old preparedness plan was 3 days supply of food, medicine and water in case of hurricane or typhoon.

In California, I used to have a "bug out" bag in the car containing supplies. This was in the event of an earthquake and you would have to walk home.

What's in the 'bug out' bag JJ 6 x Big Macs, 6 x fries, 6 x coke??:hystery:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It seems the leader of North Korea has not been informed that today's missiles are launched from ships, already close enough to North Korea that he, and the city he stands in, could be eradicated before the missile hits Guam.  Perhaps he has a death wish.

• Like 5

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Mine contained water; dry snacks like trail mix; an extra pair of socks and a old jacket. I also had a bunch of "space blankets" which are similar to aluminium foil to wrap in case of cold weather. My theory was to distribute them to others going in my direction so we would look like a large group (mutual protection). Likewise, a plastic poncho.in the event of rain. For women, the recommendation is to have an old pair of comfortable walking shoes stored in the car trunk.

During the big New York blackout, stores were giving away items like ice cream to anyone who wanted it. Better to get some PR than to have a huge mess to dispose after the ice cream melts. I suppose the fast food chains have been given similar instruction. No need to store Big Macs.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It seems the leader of North Korea has not been informed that today's missiles are launched from ships, already close enough to North Korea that he, and the city he stands in, could be eradicated before the missile hits Guam.  Perhaps he has a death wish.

The North Koreans are big on appeasement. They will threaten and then demand material goods.. The new president of South Korea is already moving in this direction. Previous victims of this ploy include the United States and Japan.

Remember the film, "The Mouse that Roared." about a medieval small country in Europe that wanted to declare war on the United States and immediately surrender. In return, they hope to receive huge amounts of aid. Peter Sellers, the star of the Pink Panther series, was the lead actor. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

BBC has a couple of good documentaries about N Korea that can be seen on U Tube. They provide a good insight into the N Korean mentality as a whole and not just that of those at the top.

I have been giving this some thought, N Korea is sort of like the ancient Spartans. A militaristic society that doesn't care a bit about the peasants in the fields. (the Spartans basically took over a neighboring country, kept them as slaves and took all the food) with a huge army (according to the BBC physically fit males serve 10 year term of service, then are in the reserves for life). 

N Korea is holding Seoul for ransom, Kim is crazy like a fox, like a fox it is easy to kill him, but he will bite a couple of the hunting dogs first.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, scott h said:

but he will bite a couple of the hunting dogs first.

The problem is extremely amplified due to the close proximity of Seoul.  There are many conventional missiles pointed at Seoul.  If you take him out, a lot of those missiles will hit Seoul.  I don't think they can all be neutralized if dozens are launched at once.

• Like 2