Holidays, vacations

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Holidays or what ever you would like to call them, do you still have that holiday if you are retired and living somewhere nice.

I like my holidays but only having so many days each year to get away is it different when you have retired, yes you can go anywhere at anytime if you have the funds, but if you are living your dream in your paradise, is there anywhere better to go to.

I still intend to go to places but we shall have to budget within reason when booking these in our next adventures so how do you do yours, is it a long weekend break here and there it is it you are always on holiday.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Day trips mostly Steve.Sometimes a few days in another place which is too far to comfortably travel to and from in 1 day or to visit her family.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We would like to travel around spending several weeks here and there, money will tell.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Oh if I lived by the beach and sea I would walk the beach everyday.

But when does the novelty  wear off. How many  people  who do have the pleasure of living in a nice place actually make use of the facilities  around them, when the sun shines everyday do we become complacent? 

Just how long does living the dream  last?

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I do and I do, for the most part.  It why I was able to make the following post after 10 years of being here:

3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I do and I do, for the most part.  It why I was able to make the following post after 10 years of being here:

As I walked along the beach near the airport between 4:15 and 5:45

Found and read the article Dave.

I see by the same article we have a few ornithologist's also.

Suggest they bring their own seats....:tiphat:

Edited by Kuya John

Benington
Posted
Posted

I've done a lot less travelling around the Philippines since I retired here. Many reasons, but three come to mind:

1. There's not so much contrast, compared to eg flying here for 2 weeks from the UK (especially when it's Winter there), or taking trips to the Continent from the UK.

2.Globalisation. Went on that long drive to Sagada last year. In the restaurant they put on a singer from Mexico.

3. Travel TV programmes. They're very different now from the old days, give a lot more information and almost make you feel you're there.

• Like 5

robert k
Posted
Posted

I drove all over Negros for recreation and spotted many places I wouldn't mind seeing again for a longer period of time. I agree with what Bennington said above, the travelogues are better quality these days. After seeing a couple of Angkor Wat videos, a place I always wanted to see, I don't care to go there. Crowds and I expect McDo to open up there any time now.

• Like 2