Holidays, vacations

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Travelling here for me also depends on school holidays.As said above the contrast is not that great so what you see in one town is probably the same as the last one you visited.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Maybe that's  the thrill for me, when over in Phil visiting the wifes family, to travel to other places also.

With 7000+ there is still a few I'm yet to visit. :hystery:

Have never got bored apart from circumstances  that found me in Manila for nine days in humidity  that was unbearable. 

Next trip would possibly  include El Nido Palawan or Oslob Cebu so much to see and do, maybe that changes when living there permanently.  Cheers guys n girls

• Like 5

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sounds idyllic just where you live Queenie,

Point being, is there a time when you feel homesick ( for USA), or get the wanderlust, even when where you live, is all you dreamed of?

Is it just me, but each place I visited, wherever that  has been, always seemed to offer that something I didn't have back home.

Maybe it was the freedom from the daily drudge trying to fit everything into a working day.

Now I'm retired, life is more relaxing and travelling is part of looking for that hidden gem which might just tempt me enough to throw caution to the wind

sell up and go.

Chasing your dreams keeps you young, even if you never catch them......JB

Edited by Kuya John
correction
  • Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

No alarm but my body clock still wakes me at 530 am.Had a lie in this morning 6am wow.

During my visits I normally would wake about the same time. Drinking coffee and watching the sun rise. 

If you don't mind my asking what time do you go to bed? About 9:39PM for me but the family is up past midnight.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Maybe that's  the thrill for me, when over in Phil visiting the wifes family, to travel to other places also.

With 7000+ there is still a few I'm yet to visit. :hystery:

Have never got bored apart from circumstances  that found me in Manila for nine days in humidity  that was unbearable. 

Next trip would possibly  include El Nido Palawan or Oslob Cebu so much to see and do, maybe that changes when living there permanently.  Cheers guys n girls

I lived up the road from Oslob and as you say when you live there it becomes same same.Small towns are very nice to visit but I lived in one for four yeras and it does get boring.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

During my visits I normally would wake about the same time. Drinking coffee and watching the sun rise. 

If you don't mind my asking what time do you go to bed? About 9:39PM for me but the family is up past midnight.

About midnight I only ever needed six hours sleep.Up with the roosters I am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

About midnight I only ever needed six hours sleep.Up with the roosters I am.

So you get up at 2am with the roosters?:smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, robert k said:

So you get up at 2am with the roosters?:smile:

Kev would not sleep too much around my way, the damn roosters don't sleep either:shades: