Early Xmas Birds

Benington
Posted
Posted

Driving out of Manila last night towards Cavite I noticed three roadside sellers of Xmas lights, which weren't there last week. Oh joy! They're probably paying some rent, or at least spending their time so they must expect sales, so is the start of the Xmas Lights season gradually creeping backwards?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I heard Xmas songs every day on the only music channel that was free in my apartment that I was renting in Manila. It wouldn't be too bad but it was February and March. 

• Like 3
  • I'm Confused 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted

Q: why does Xmas season start in Sept. in the PI? ( i know the answer but I'm interested in other opinions ).

Benington
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, scott h said:

Ben, kant remember how long you have been here, but I case your sort of new, xmas season starts in September here.....mark my words xmas music will start 1 sept in the malls:0009pky:

Well aware of the Sep 1 Mall tradition...I go back here quite a while. But I don't think it was always so early. I was just wondering if there's any sign of it creeping even earlier in Malls, or elsewhere, around the country? And the reasons for it still elude me!

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Is it because they were out of stock in December? :mocking:

:hystery: Which year?:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Filipinos love a long Christmas season.:t07045:The longer the better, from September until around February it seems. They just do.

On the National morning news they have a daily countdown till Christmas that starts in September, along with the Christmas tree and blinking lights etc.

We never got around to taking down one of our big electric stars, hanging in the tree along the road from last Christmas, so I guess it's too late now! We won't light it up for a while though..:smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Benington
Posted
Posted

Just a thought...Christmas Clubs as they are in the UK, anyway, not much use here. Money would be drawn out after only 7-8 months!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2