Are people changing/becoming more honest.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

After about an hour the small boy knocked on his door and handed over his wallet.

Sometimes they see a white lady and they get scared and repent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

My wife has returned two wallets and a purse during the past 8 years. One guy asked, "Why didn't you just take the money?" Her response, "Why? It's not mine." 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, davewe said:

Yes, the cash was gone but the cards and such were still there.

That's all I would be worried about .

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

If you lost your wallet and suspect someone stole it, check nearby trash bins and shrubs. Pickpockets don't like being caught with a wallet that can be identify as to ownership. They will take the cash and dump the remainder. At least there is a chance to recover your identity cards, driver's license, and credit cards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yeah I spotted it once, honesty, while in a Jolly Bee an old PI women got up and left a parcel on the seat. With a prompt from his mother the little boy followed her before she got out of Jolly Bee and told her. With a little pat on the head and a gentle smile the old lady returned to pick up her parcel, no reward. Now here is my theory as to why PI s watch us foreigners, if we loose something and they return it, it means a reward. Now I know their are synical people out there but what else could it be.:hystery:

• Haha 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

He went back to the cafe where he had been sitting and asked if they had seen it.

He was told a small boy had it

9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sometimes they see a white lady and they get scared and repent.

Question, why didn't the cafe owner take possession of the wallet knowing the customer would come back looking for it?

A happy ending anyway and the boy's honesty was well rewarded :thumbsup:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have always found most people to be honest.  When I first moved over here I lost a cell phone in a skiad. Someone saw that a foreigner dropped it, and since there are so few of us... they were able to find me and return it.   Last time I was in Tijuana a street beggar came up to me and returned my wallet, that fell out of my jacket pocket - all money still in it (that did surprise me!).

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, JJReyes said:

If you lost your wallet and suspect someone stole it, check nearby trash bins and shrubs. Pickpockets don't like being caught with a wallet that can be identify as to ownership. They will take the cash and dump the remainder.

Trash bins in Philippines? In a place where they steal an unlocked padlock for the 5 pesos of scrap metal?  I can picture the thief taking the cash and throwing the wallet in a bush, but it would only last 5 seconds until a secondary "picker" found it and claimed it as salvage.

But that is where evil intent is intended.  As Kev said, many are honest here and I believe it matters where the wallet is dropped or lost or left.  If you drop it walking from Pier 1, Cebu, through the low rent district, then chance are slim and none of ever seeing it again.  If you are in a good community there are loads of honest folk. Heck, some communities are so nice they even have to hire outside help when trying to find two assassins on a motorcycle. :hystery: