Philippines - one month later

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

if Suzuki Change something, they have to show the old

Your old parts or the repertoire the keep for the gullible? Sorry to sound cynical but hey it is true in most countries.

Cheers, Steve.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, bigpearl said:

Your old parts or the repertoire the keep for the gullible? Sorry to sound cynical but hey it is true in most countries.

Cheers, Steve.

Nope not here  mate, I get to see the stock sale inventory. Gullible i am Not 

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Don't even have to use genuine parts mate, just remember that part you do use won't be covered under of the manufacturers warranty but your overall warranty on the car will remain intact.  

https://www.choice.com.au/transport/cars/maintenance/articles/car-warranties-and-dealer-servicing#genuine-parts

If it's a new car you should be able to see where they've loosened/tightened things up as well.  If bolts and screws etc are in pristine condition chances are they haven't been touched.  That's not hard and fast but something to look out for.  

All very well in Oz and as you have supplied info from what I perceive to be a bias Australian company with only a name and sales related philosophy aimed at those who are too lazy to do it themselves, keep in mind that has little to do with the Philippines and the BS that occurs in or out of warranty there. Apples and oranges.

Bolts and screws? Should I inspect all 5,000 of them to make sure they serviced the car correctly? I buy many new cars annually, a recent purchase had the left hand steer mag scuffed by a gutter, not me but the better half, I always ask at service time can you please rotate the tyres, yes that is standard with a service, car collection, no rotation, approach the service manager, yes the tyres were rotated, no, yes, no yes. Never purchased from them again and told the principals why,,,,,,, sorry Steve that will never happen again, too late the horse bolted, they are all the same.That was my Mercedes Benz dealer, I know all my cars external looks but can I tell if they serviced/checked the transmission? Did they just blow out the air cleaner or was it replaced as charged? Know and trust your mechanic/dealer, in doubt for the slightest reason move on, there are plenty of genuine operators no different to scammers.

Cheers, Steve.

Edited by bigpearl
  • Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Nope not here  mate, I get to see the stock sale inventory. Gullible i am Not 

Cool and what does that mean? Figures crunched by a winning system? That is going too far for me even but each to their own.

Cheers, Steve.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, bigpearl said:

Cool and what does that mean? Figures crunched by a winning system? That is going too far for me even but each to their own.

Cheers, Steve.

Why don't you read all the Topic instead of just picking an item that you feel you want to cynical about. You are not the only one here that buys and looks after cars You don't know me or my Dealer and our Relationship so why the Hostility or are you just another  that Don't really want to be here Guy  and tal Acid. We are looking after our latest investment and believe me, I won't be robbed or hoodwinked whatever you may think, and just for the Record, My wife can read any numbers that you allege are from a winning  system, it is her Job, so maybe a calm down time is in order here and let us enjoy the rest of the Topic without all this BS 

• Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Why don't you read all the Topic instead of just picking an item that you feel you want to cynical about. You are not the only one here that buys and looks after cars You don't know me or my Dealer and our Relationship so why the Hostility or are you just another  that Don't really want to be here Guy  and tal Acid. We are looking after our latest investment and believe me, I won't be robbed or hoodwinked whatever you may think, and just for the Record, My wife can read any numbers that you allege are from a winning  system, it is her Job, so maybe a calm down time is in order here and let us enjoy the rest of the Topic without all this BS 

This.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Sorry to offend you Jack and that was never my intention, just running with the original post by Ron that had 4 to 5 shared ideas/observations within the initial posted topic and the thread ran with and never deviated from the mans dream (bloody cars)  and hate of owning/maintaining ones pride and joy. Hostility? No only questioning and that is what I believe this site is about, I am not asking you to justify what you say only querrying as I have had and still have my conceptions and knowledge not preconceptions with regards to the honesty and integrity within this country (PH) and based on only my lowly experience and observations, obviously seen and expressed/shared by others on this site,,,,,,,,,,, the wife, the family, mechanics, plumbers, attorneys and government practices leave a lot to be desired, misinterpretation of what is fair/right or wrong is totally up to the individual and shared observations (isn't that what this site is about?)  may be construed as a belief or an opinion (my right apparently). But honestly Jack we are a target and widely known how to be dealt with in many way shapes and forms.

Not trying to get up yours or any other reader/contributors nose and this is only my opinion and none of my posts or contributions are said in jest/OMO,,,,,,,,,,,unless in the joke section.

We all have lots to learn and I am no different but some can't see the trees for the forest, while others embrace.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 8/14/2017 at 7:04 PM, mogo51 said:

Got to say Dave they were most professional.  Checked car in within 10 minutes, apart from the little hiccup with the receptionist, all went smoothly.  Told them to ring me when ready.  They did so at 11am, we picked it up at12md, all completed.  Price a bit of a rip off, but that is how it is at dealerships.  Most impressed.  A new acquaintance tells me they are like that all the time!!!

Toyota is known for good after sales service.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/14/2017 at 8:18 AM, BrettGC said:

Glad it's all panning out for you mate, hope it continues to do so.  

Pay them per job may solve the problem?  Amazing the difference in a salaried tradie to a sub-contractor in my experience, generally speaking that is.

Overall a pleasant experience Brett, even if overpriced for the work they do - but same world wide.  Once the  warranty expires, I will have options.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, bigpearl said:

Sorry to offend you Jack and that was never my intention,

some can't see the trees for the forest, while others embrace.

:thumbsup: No problem we is good but I will add that most times Scammed people have left themselves open at some stage. Something that should never happen but is again on the Increase from what I read, people are just not thinking before they are doing and take their  eyes off the ball during the game Scammers can only win when there are Scammable people around. You are right, we do tend to be a target So best we take the "Target" of our backs. Here in the PI Scams as they may be called are just a way to do business, Drive round them there will be another around the corner but then, no matter what we write here on this Forum, some will always know better, and not heed, so, with the  Ealing Studios Famous Film Titles in mind "Carry on Members":whistling:

Jack:mellow:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Like 3