Service With A Grunt

mogo51
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Service With A Smile is a very old business motto, at least in the US. Here in the Philippines, the saying must be Service With A Grunt.

Today is the first full day of PLDT DSL/Landline service we've had in four days. Cellphone  complaints to them brought the old, "We're working very hard on it." Twitter pleadings were met with silence for three days, then an acknowledgment was sent, saying that, "...as checked, your service is affected by a network trouble in your area." Another message followed that the problem already had a ticket number. I'm almost sure that both messages came after service was restored but we were out so I can't be certain.

While out yesterday, one errand was at BPI. MISTAKE! We waited two hours in the corral just to get to the counter. We took our number in a timely manner, N213. Then we looked at the screen over the teller counter. "Now serving N162." Sheesh! At 1:30, the woman sitting next to my wife leaned over and told her that she'd been waiting since 11 AM. 

The number system kept glitching. It froze up, making the tellers have to call out numbers. Then it leaped ahead to N267. All the while, people would walk in, go up to the counter and hand things to the tellers that for some reason took priority. There were four desk people and two more people trying to sign up we milling cattle for credit cards.

We were finally allowed to approach the Seat Of All Power and make our dollar withdrawal. We kissed the teller's ring and left the palace at 3:30. 

Later I noticed that TM, a Globe affiliate, seemed to have been slowly siphoning off my load for days. I'm deaf and do not call anyone. I only text and then only to my wife. I noticed the disappearing load because I bought a 40MB data promo to check email and Twitter to complain about our internet. Two hours after buying it, TM sent a message that I was now out of promo and using load for data. What?! So I was out of data and out of load to buy data.

Ranting on Twitter brought Globe's head up and a customer service drone offered to talk to me via Direct Message. Horse poop! I'd had about as much service as I could stand for one weekend!

I complained bitterly to my bottle of Black Bush. I hope everyone else had a better weekend.

I too am a victim of the phantom 'load gobbler'  - there are two giant PIAs here, Mobile phone charges and Internet charges.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Taking into consideration the topic title I'm quietly waiting for Jake to take the bait......:popcorn::smile:

• Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Being a little bit straight forward: when someone grunts an answer at me, I generally go into a pig grunting response. You are sure to get attention from fellow customers and a few laughs. The next time I go into the store, I make it my business to single out the sales person that grunted at me first off, never had a grunt out of them since.:hystery:

• Like 3

Mr-T
Posted
Posted

Just wondering why the OP do not have a ATM card from BPI? Two hours for a withdrawal.. Mmmm.

Benington
Posted
Posted

He wanted dollars.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, scott h said:

I too have been very close to lashing out at what I perceive to be complete incompetence, poor business management, illogic behavior and just plain stupidity.

Then I take a breath and realize that I moved here to escape the rat rase of a 1st world country where time is  money so don't waist mine or yours. I kame here for a different way of life, a cheaper way of life and a more relaxed way of life. If I allow some of the differences affect me, well I should have just stayed in the states where I could be upset in complete comfort.

Does it help? not always,,,but it helps:hystery:

Yes mate it is best just to take it in your stride, otherwise you will go loopy.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Service With A Smile is a very old business motto, at least in the US. Here in the Philippines, the saying must be Service With A Grunt.

Today is the first full day of PLDT DSL/Landline service we've had in four days. Cellphone  complaints to them brought the old, "We're working very hard on it." Twitter pleadings were met with silence for three days, then an acknowledgment was sent, saying that, "...as checked, your service is affected by a network trouble in your area." Another message followed that the problem already had a ticket number. I'm almost sure that both messages came after service was restored but we were out so I can't be certain.

While out yesterday, one errand was at BPI. MISTAKE! We waited two hours in the corral just to get to the counter. We took our number in a timely manner, N213. Then we looked at the screen over the teller counter. "Now serving N162." Sheesh! At 1:30, the woman sitting next to my wife leaned over and told her that she'd been waiting since 11 AM. 

The number system kept glitching. It froze up, making the tellers have to call out numbers. Then it leaped ahead to N267. All the while, people would walk in, go up to the counter and hand things to the tellers that for some reason took priority. There were four desk people and two more people trying to sign up we milling cattle for credit cards.

We were finally allowed to approach the Seat Of All Power and make our dollar withdrawal. We kissed the teller's ring and left the palace at 3:30. 

Later I noticed that TM, a Globe affiliate, seemed to have been slowly siphoning off my load for days. I'm deaf and do not call anyone. I only text and then only to my wife. I noticed the disappearing load because I bought a 40MB data promo to check email and Twitter to complain about our internet. Two hours after buying it, TM sent a message that I was now out of promo and using load for data. What?! So I was out of data and out of load to buy data.

Ranting on Twitter brought Globe's head up and a customer service drone offered to talk to me via Direct Message. Horse poop! I'd had about as much service as I could stand for one weekend!

I complained bitterly to my bottle of Black Bush. I hope everyone else had a better weekend.

I spent an hour in BDO on Monday queuing  they don`t even have seats in the teller area.

• Like 1

Benington
Posted
Posted

Both the BPI and BDO are usually packed up with customers, with the BDO being a bit easier in my experience. Depends on where you are, but where we live the PNB branches are practically deserted. It wasn't like that before the coming of the BDO. Problem is it's a bit of an old fashioned organization. They still call their domestic money transfer service "Telegraphic Transfer".

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Benington said:

Both the BPI and BDO are usually packed up with customers, with the BDO being a bit easier in my experience. Depends on where you are, but where we live the PNB branches are practically deserted. It wasn't like that before the coming of the BDO. Problem is it's a bit of an old fashioned organization. They still call their domestic money transfer service "Telegraphic Transfer".

PNB is my bank and I have never had to wait more that 10 minutes in there.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Benington said:

He wanted dollars.

True dat.

• Like 1