Service With A Grunt

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Benington said:

Really annoying is that request to insure oneself against ATM fraud..."Enroll Now", or down at the bottom  "Enroll Later". Not on every ATM. Do you get that?

Yes on each visit to the ATM.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Benington said:

Making a serious point...on the old PNB log in process, if someone had first got hold of your user name and password, they would have then had to pass one of 3 security questions...if that came up as the World Cup question and that person knows you're a Scot I am just suggesting 1966 would be the last year they would put in, before exceding the allowed number of attempts!

I don't use PNB...

Benington
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I don't use PNB...

Oh.. hk...you played along with it on Wednesday, but no more.....

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Benington said:

Oh.. hk...you played along with it on Wednesday, but no more.....

I didn't really...I just posted a one-liner without reading the preceding posts...schoolboy error, I know!

• Sad 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Our BPI branch here is a good one and the last two managers have been good.  It can be very crowded at some times of day so I try not to go at those times.  A few years ago I waited 30-40 minutes one time because I could not postpone the visit.  One other time with the previous manager, the waiting area was getting packed and I didn't think he was noticing, so I went over and asked if he could speed things up.  He had somebody help me right away and then rounded up another teller to help with the backlog.  Nice to see that response.

Nowadays if it is too crowded I just come back at another time, but if I time the visits right, that is not often.  The bank is on the main road up to our area, so I drive by a lot.  I try to go mid-morning, after the opening rush and before lunch, or 1-3 pm.  I walked in to exchange money last Thursday at 2:30 pm and had no wait, and only 1-2 people waiting for tellers.  That is unusual, but nice.  I have not tried the online booking yet, but I should.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/16/2017 at 9:09 AM, Clermont said:

Being a little bit straight forward: when someone grunts an answer at me, I generally go into a pig grunting response. You are sure to get attention from fellow customers and a few laughs. The next time I go into the store, I make it my business to single out the sales person that grunted at me first off, never had a grunt out of them since.:hystery:

You would be kept busy in Oz seeking them out Clermont sad to say.

• Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Yeah Mogo 51 , but one of my best is if they ignore you, rearrange the product on the shelf about bum height and sit on the shelf, surpriseing how quick you get service. A lot of mungrel in me. :mocking:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

You should try shopping in the Robinsons Mall in Malate. There's a section that is like an open market selling phones, handbags and watches. I swear every person was shouting Sir, phone, watch, handbags at me. 

I had only gone about 10m into it and had turned down over 20 salespeople. Even ones stood 5ft away from the ones I turned down still asked me the same. After 50m I turned around and walked out it was doing my head in. 

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I don't really use the banks...  I wire money to myself online for a cash pickup and usually to one of the remittance outlets (M Lhullier, Cebuano Lhullier, LBC, etc) as the remittance company I use deals with many of them...  But, if I'm at the mall, see something I really want and don't have the cash?  I'll send it to myself for cash pickup to BDO or whatever bank is listed and at that mall...  It is usually there in 5 minutes so I'll have a cold one and then go to the bank...  I haven't found a bank yet I have to get in line for a cash remittance...  But some have a sign so small for the proper desk that I may have to ask which desk...  Only once have I had to wait for one person ahead of me...

As for the million salesgirls in the men's department..?  Someday, if I ever get the nerve, I'll breath real heavy when they come near...  Pervert style...  Hopefully they'll never come back...  Once, in my early days in the country, I was looking to purchase underwear for a bathing suit (no liner here!) and one girl consistently followed me, offering her help...  I made the mistake of asking if she wanted to help me try them on...  :mocking:

• Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I am Bob, you didn't finish the sentence off, did she help you? :mocking: