Would they ever check?. Minor big possible issue with civil status on ACR card

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

One thing I've learned when dealing with government organisations is to take every possible thing with you as one office will ask for everything, the next nothing and none will be the same as the instructions online. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/15/2017 at 6:11 PM, che ti frega said:

my problem is that when i first did my tourist ACR card with BI i put as civil status "Divorced" and so it appears on my ACR. 

Getting married requires a certificate of no marriage from the home country. Since you are divorced it just proves you are no longer married. As for the ARC card, divorce means you are no longer married so where's the problem ?   

Cebu expat
Posted
Posted

how can i edit posts?

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

It may be different for each countries embassy/consulate.  And it is certainly different with each Filipino office for every city... 

For me it was quite simple.  When applying for our marriage license no one ever asked for my ACR. Actually no one ever asks for that card except the bank when I opened a new account.  I went to the US consulate, showed him my US divorce papers and told him I was not currently married. He gave me the affidavit in lieu of CENOMAR, (after I gave him $50).  I had another marriage (in England) that was annulled.  I never registered it in the US and did not even think about it when I was at the Consulate. It just never came up... 

Even with the affidavit from the US consulate I still had to give the court clerk here a copy of my divorce papers.  You will probably need a copy for the clerks here in the PIs.

Since the declaration just says you are free to marry, if your government does not know about the prior marriage I don't think I would bring it up.  The status on your ACR will probably never come up in discussion.  No one really cares, as long as you get all your paperwork in order - and pay your fees.  The main thing is that you are single now, and free to marry.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, che ti frega said:

on the ACR card (because i was the one in 2014 to say i was divorced, i never brought any papers)

You are screwed.  You WILL need divorce papers because your ACR card says you are divorced and there WILL be many checks along the way.

EDIT:  How bad does it get?  Well when I went to the Canadian consulate to get my stat dec I had to show my divorce decree.  In that decree, some clerk had misspelled my middle name.  The consul said she will let it slide but said the Philippine authorities may be more meticulous about that.  I gave up.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/25/2017 at 11:43 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not quite that simple.  You also need the actual, government issued, photo ID of the lady you are going to marry.  At least that is why my application was turned down.  All I had with me were photocopies of her passport and the Canadian consul in Cebu said "No you must actually bring her passport with you.  She does not need to come with you, but she can if she does not trust you to give you her passport" :bonk:

Turns out it saved me money as I did not marry that one.

Which one was that Dave?/haha

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Our niece got married to an Italian in Dubai and now she wants to have the marriage again in Bacolod. On the 90 day fiancee show, one couple had got married in USA and then again in Dominican Republic.

How does that work when getting the certificate of no marriage when applying for the licence on the 2nd marriage?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, jpbago said:

Our niece got married to an Italian in Dubai and now she wants to have the marriage again in Bacolod.

Hmmmmmm now I spoke to a Guy who married in Aus 2 years ago and he wanted to do the same thing as your niece, basically he could not as they were already married But he had it Blessed and a Certificate of Blessing is all he Got

The  Blessing was full of the same Pomp as a marriage but I doubt she will get a Marriage License as she is already Married

JMHO on this but think about it :smile:

• Thanks 1

Cebu expat
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You are screwed.  You WILL need divorce papers because your ACR card says you are divorced and there WILL be many checks along the way.

EDIT:  How bad does it get?  Well when I went to the Canadian consulate to get my stat dec I had to show my divorce decree.  In that decree, some clerk had misspelled my middle name.  The consul said she will let it slide but said the Philippine authorities may be more meticulous about that.  I gave up.

i don't think so. im single and i appear single (free status). i even have a free status 

3 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

It may be different for each countries embassy/consulate.  And it is certainly different with each Filipino office for every city... 

For me it was quite simple.  When applying for our marriage license no one ever asked for my ACR. Actually no one ever asks for that card except the bank when I opened a new account.  I went to the US consulate, showed him my US divorce papers and told him I was not currently married. He gave me the affidavit in lieu of CENOMAR, (after I gave him $50).  I had another marriage (in England) that was annulled.  I never registered it in the US and did not even think about it when I was at the Consulate. It just never came up... 

Even with the affidavit from the US consulate I still had to give the court clerk here a copy of my divorce papers.  You will probably need a copy for the clerks here in the PIs.

Since the declaration just says you are free to marry, if your government does not know about the prior marriage I don't think I would bring it up.  The status on your ACR will probably never come up in discussion.  No one really cares, as long as you get all your paperwork in order - and pay your fees.  The main thing is that you are single now, and free to marry.

i think you are right. by the way how do i edit or delete old posts.?. i asked the moderator but he didn't reply. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, che ti frega said:

i think you are right. by the way how do i edit or delete old posts.?. i asked the moderator but he didn't reply. 

Members are limited in what they can do by their member group. Editing is time restricted and deleting is not allowed as it stuffs up a thread if everyone decideds to delete their posts. I removed the post you requested.