Would they ever check?. Minor big possible issue with civil status on ACR card

Cebu expat
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

Again, your experience will be different but that is what the municipality stated where I live.  However, I don't think both persons have to live in that municipality for 6 months so as long as your fiance does it may be fine.  Again, you must check locally as the requirements will vary.  Ask that specific question from them before even going further.  It may be a bigger hassle than the divorce papers.

yes in the Philippines you never know, flexibility may go in your favor or against you

• 3 months later...
Cebu expat
Posted
Posted

so here i am as promised

didn't get married in the philippines. will get married in my country. i left the philippines. my girlfriend was "brainwashed" (lol) by me to say to the CFO (the dreadful commission on filipinos overseas) to say that i had never married, otherwise they would have asked for a ton of papers (divorce decree , etc) that it would have taken me months and thousands of $ to produce.. she passed the interview and together with the visa for my country we finally left the philippines with our handsome baby and now we are happy here and we will get married here soon in a few months probably.

beautiful country the philippines, a prison of bureucracy though. good luck there lol

the ramblings of duterte are far away. 

• Thanks 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the follow up on your situation!

Pleased to know it all worked out and hope the three of you have a wonderful life here in the States.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Cebu expat said:

we finally left the philippines with our handsome baby and now we are happy here and we will get married here soon in a few months probably.

I am very happy that worked for you.  Congrats.

It works for some people and not for others.  Example, I tried to do that with an ex gf of mine and got roadblocked trying to get her a visa, but she found another guy who took her out of the Philippines and married her and it only took a day for her to get the visa.  As we always say, your mileage may vary.

• Like 3

Cebu expat
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Old55 said:

Thanks for the follow up on your situation!

Pleased to know it all worked out and hope the three of you have a wonderful life here in the States.

Thanks a lot  ! im not in the usa though :smile:

• Like 1

Cebu expat
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am very happy that worked for you.  Congrats.

It works for some people and not for others.  Example, I tried to do that with an ex gf of mine and got roadblocked trying to get her a visa, but she found another guy who took her out of the Philippines and married her and it only took a day for her to get the visa.  As we always say, your mileage may vary.

Thanks Dave  !

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 9/6/2017 at 7:39 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Again, your experience will be different but that is what the municipality stated where I live.  However, I don't think both persons have to live in that municipality for 6 months so as long as your fiance does it may be fine.  Again, you must check locally as the requirements will vary.

I got married at the Cebu court house while on a 3 week vacation. Wife was not from Cebu so must be different in other areas as you say.