Living part time every year in Philippines rent own or?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Hi Old55,

I think that I'd go the route of staying in one of the smaller resorts in an area. Many often will give a good rate for folks interested in a month or longer stay time. Also the small resort could be your home base, and sort of a vacation in a vacation I'd think. I know of two offhand in the north here that do that type of rental, although I don't have any experience with anyone doing that that I know personally

You bring up a good question too about the pros and cons of spending your time part of the year in the Philippines, and the rest in the States or another country. It took me about two years to really get used to living and enjoying my life here permanently.  Every time we would come here for an extended visit before that, upon returning home all we'd dream about is getting back to Cebu again. I would think that personally one would never truly acclimate living in one place or another because they would always be thinking about the other place. Just my take on it.

Let me go out on a limb and say that my gut feeling sees you and your family retiring permanently in Cebu. In your posts you seem to have a long history here and have fallen for the place. :smile: I could be totally off on this, but it's something to really consider as I'm sure you and your family do.:smile:

Maybe some folks who are snowbirds or part time visitors to the Philippines start a new thread about their experiences living in two places over time.

Queenie, you are correct my wife and I do like spending time in Philippines. Having family and friends we love there makes it even better. Our children will complete school in the US then go on with their life here. Because of that and the fact we have a very good life here we decided that living full time in Philippines is not our choice. But long visits are something we look forward to.

Edited by Old55