Barcelona

Jollygoodfellow
Message added by Jollygoodfellow

This topic is being watched. Read the rules. 

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Again as i said at first a terrible event that happened, and like many have said it can happen anywhere, just look at the last few days what has happened in Europe.

It will not stop me going on holiday , it will not stop me from going about my business too.

I just hope the government services get these people who they already know and do something about it, i am not bothered about religion or politics , i am concerned for my family first.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I think you need to do a little research before making the generalisation that we all get along.

Likewise my friend

Benington
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

Whilst I have not confirmed this and I no doubt will hear the screams of protest here - Israel do not suffer from terrorist attacks.

Why - because if a bomber or assassin commits a terrorist attack, the Israel response is swift and severe.  They not only kill the terrorist, but then hunt and find his family and exterminate all of them.  The result is that there are very few if not none, terror attacks in Israel.  Extreme radical action requires extreme response.

http://mfa.gov.il/MFA/ForeignPolicy/Terrorism/Palestinian/Pages/Wave-of-terror-October-2015.aspx

What? Even without looking up this official Israeli Government site I know that Israel is suffering a lot of terror attacks from just following the daily World News bulletins.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I see now they say the child missing is a Filipino.

The Philippines government says a child missing after a vehicle plowed into pedestrians in Barcelona is the 7-year-old son of a Filipino woman who had been living in Australia.

The Philippines' Foreign Affairs Undersecretary for Migrant Workers Affairs Sarah Arriola said in a statement on Saturday that the 43-year-old Filipino woman was seriously injured in Thursday's attack. She had been based in Australia for the past three or four years.

Arriola says the woman and her son were in Barcelona to attend the wedding of a cousin from the Philippines.

Arriola says the woman's British husband is en route to Barcelona to help find his son. Arriola says the boy was separated from his mother during the attack.

http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/news/world/latest-french-train-station-border-evacuated-article-1.3424788

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The Philippines government says a child missing after a vehicle plowed into pedestrians in Barcelona is the 7-year-old son of a Filipino woman who had been living in Australia.

The Philippines' Foreign Affairs Undersecretary for Migrant Workers Affairs Sarah Arriola said in a statement on Saturday that the 43-year-old Filipino woman was seriously injured in Thursday's attack. She had been based in Australia for the past three or four years.

Arriola says the woman and her son were in Barcelona to attend the wedding of a cousin from the Philippines.

Arriola says the woman's British husband is en route to Barcelona to help find his son. Arriola says the boy was separated from his mother during the attack.

http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/news/world/latest-french-train-station-border-evacuated-article-1.3424788

The little boy has been identified as one of those who was killed by the van.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Benington said:

http://mfa.gov.il/MFA/ForeignPolicy/Terrorism/Palestinian/Pages/Wave-of-terror-October-2015.aspx

What? Even without looking up this official Israeli Government site I know that Israel is suffering a lot of terror attacks from just following the daily World News bulletins.

Gaza certainly, but that is not theirs, they pinched it from the Palestinians.  I see very few reports from inside Israel, maybe we watch different tv stations.

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I read your link and concede you are correct, apologies.  I was quoting several discussions had quite some time ago and that was probably foolish without checking out the current situation.  The Israili closure of the Al Aqusa mosque did nothing to help their cause and it seems that has really  spiked the 'terrorist attacks' (anything is called a terrorist attack these days).

I just wonder how their family structures are holding up, those that they identified as being responsible at least?  Whether right or wrong, what is going on in this world these days is disgusting and nothing is being done to try and address it.  Except for a bunch of idiot politicians 'condemn them' - a useless exercise.

Reboot
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Animals.

Reboot
Posted
Posted

1503278195218.jpg

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
Spoiler

Sadly in a lot of cases family members are aware of what is going on but due to social and religious issues they turn a blind eye to it.

As for governments some are constrained by so called human rights violations and some are using the terrorists for their own means. 

I've friends currently involved in anti terror and they have a massive work load monitoring and thwarting potential attacks. Unfortunately in a lot of cases they can't act until the threat is about to be carried out. If they go in early the local communities cry victimisation and we've all seen the fall out. It becomes a breading ground for more radicalisation. 

As for foreign governments I've a lot of experience in the Northern Ireland conflict and have seen at first hand foreign governments arming and training the vermin. Even funding propaganda to further fuel the issue. They use it as leverage to stop sanctions and to get aid. 

Look on it as say Russia arming and training them. They fund them then make it easy for them to travel to their intended targets. Before they carry out their mission information is passed to the West about a possible attack and to look out for the following people. Once the attack is thwarted Russia as a goodwill gesture from the West requests something in return. If they don't get it they point out they might not be able to warn the West in the future. 

If you think the West doesn't do the same just study who funds what organisations and why. The web is full of information. 

Terrorism is the new way of doing business sadly. 

• Like 1