Our wives /partners

mogo51
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I am sure that many of us are older and maybe in our eyes wiser too in many things we share with our partners , well thats at first then i am sure we are surprised how quickly they match us and even take over us too.

But are there things that your partner just cannot get there heads around.

Take my case for instant.

Emma has no business sense in any way , she just seems to go along with me in what i am saying then she will throw something in which is a "shake your head time", then i think why bother.

Take this Condo thread, yes a great idea for some and if you have the funds and its all above board well why not, but trying to talk  about it and the costings and so on it seems its all coming from me  and i dont know anything about it all really,  then those magic worlds comes from Emma, " we could let the family use it".

Thats the end of my great idea for our future.

retraining needed.

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Steve, you nailed it here. You can't make money off of anything of value if the inlaws can use it free. It would never be free to let....and maybe the inlaws would sublet it at a tidy profit. 

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My wife has no business sense and cannot barter to save her life.  She grew working a rice farm in the province... she got no real training.  But the whole "let the family use it" is common here and will kill almost any business venture.

• Like 5

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Do what i do i keep a monthly account of everything we spend and i do mean everything.

I use an openoffice spreadsheet  and seperate our spending into 3 seperate columns

1 for everyday shopping ( food,medicines,toll fees,my drinks etc )

1 for what i call fixed monthly( Meralco,Pldt,Cable,etc )

1 for Extras ( ongoing building expenses,repairs,gardening labour etc )

And i do a monthly print out which shows where our money goes

So if the wife wants to add for example new windows on the family home

I just show her a couple of printouts and she goes and does the washing.

Got to show who is the boss !

" ouch ! " yes youve guessed it she is !

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

retraining needed.

You can take the Filipino  out of the Philippines but you cant take the Philippines out of the Filipino , or something like that.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

retraining needed.

Retraining , your having a laugh, maybe best to do what you mentioned in another thread, just live and be happy in our retirement

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Sadly I don't think it's just a Filipino thing. With my ex wife I had many business ideas. I class myself as street wise and don't throw money at something just because I like it, I'll invest in things I hate if I know theres a market for it. 

I had three major ideas when I was with her and made the mistake of asking her opinion as we were a team. In all those she was completely against any risk taking and even trying to explain myself was a waste of time. I lost out on over £1m due to her. Towards the end of our relationship I told her I'm making the decisions as it's my money. I made a tidy sum on two investments then she claimed over half in the divorce. :89:

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted

My Em seems to have a good head on her shoulders and has run businesses. Also trusted with money handled barangay finances honestly. That and plus her family calls her kuripot.

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Reboot said:

My Em seems to have a good head on her shoulders and has run businesses. Also trusted with money handled barangay finances honestly. That and plus her family calls her kuripot.

High praise, indeed!:thumbsup: