PNP Internet Banking (or lack Of)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Perhaps unplug your modem for a few minutes. Then again clear your cache and plug modem back in and try again. 

earthdome
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, not so old china hand said:

The simple answer is the public key is used to encrypt your password in such a way that it can only be read by the bank's computers using their private key. This is to prevent your password being intercepted by eavesdroppers. Asymmetric encryption is based on complex mathematical formulas using very large prime numbers to make the encrypted messages almost impossible to break.

If the bank has changed their private key without making a corresponding change to the public key their systems would no longer be able to read your password.

One analogy to asymmetric encryption is a bank deposit box with two different locks. The customer has one key (call it the private key) and the bank has the other (call it the public key) the box can only be opened by using both keys.

BTW asymmetric encryption can be used in two ways. If the sender encrypts a message with the receiver's public key only the receiver can read the message using their private key. Conversely if the sender encrypts the message using their private key anyone can read the message using the sender's public key. This is the basis of so-called digital signatures and authentication certificates.

Here endth the lesson.:56da64aa52228_23_9_101:from Sunny Sussex

PS Just a thought. If your computer is using the public key from yesterday without checking for a new key that might be the problem. try clearing the cache on your computer.

It could also be related to the HTTPS (SSL/TLS) encryption between the web browser and the bank's website. It might be a problem with the bank's  SSL/TLS certificate.

• Like 1

Benington
Posted
Posted

Was able to log in at 4.30am.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Benington said:

Was able to log in at 4.30am.

Sounds Good, maybe they found the Public key and turned it on, I will try later but Thank you for this reply & your good news  Fingers crossed smiley.jpg :whistling:

Jack:smile:

Morning All:morning1:

davewe
Posted
Posted

Well I recently opened an account at PNB based on the recommendations of some guys here lol. But PNB made it very clear from the start that they were undergoing a huge online system change and that their internal system would be offline for a couple of days. In fact as I understand it all the account numbers are changing; they already gave us our new number.

Now this does not excuse the fact that Jack and others went online and could not login, nor does it explain why they didn't inform customers of the major change, but it might let you know to expect gremlins in the system for awhile.

As for me - I just want my ATM card!

Benington
Posted
Posted

They don't think too much about communication with their customers..visiting the local ATM around the time of the close down notices were up on the wall in two languages, but their format was like an internal memo, not notices in big letters saying something like "No withdrawals available from....to.....".

Where I live their ATM service is the worst of the local 3 banks..off-line, out of money, only 100s etc far too often.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

My ex was one of the managers involved in implementing the new system with PNB. For her it was a nightmare. They kept changing things before it went live then once they had things in place they'd find other faults. I was only with her for 3 months and in that time she told me they were going live countless times. She'd then return from work after an 18hr shift telling me of more issues. 

I visited her office once and they were installing the new computer systems. They looked like someone was off loading old stock with cables everywhere and even the printers were dated. 

Benington
Posted
Posted

Bring back the old Allied Bank! Much better!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: Just had a text an Apology (Yep that's right an Apology) Seems I have to go to my branch to get my account opened AGAIN. They have lost 8+ years of account details YET remembered that I owed the 15 peso ATM insurance for August. That was the last entry I saw before it closed down.

Let's see what tomorrow brings:whistling: close the door.jpg mutter, mutter, mutter  confused-man.png

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: Just had a text an Apology (Yep that's right an Apology) Seems I have to go to my branch to get my account opened AGAIN. They have lost 8+ years of account details YET remembered that I owed the 15 peso ATM insurance for August. That was the last entry I saw before it closed down.

Let's see what tomorrow brings:whistling: close the door.jpg mutter, mutter, mutter  confused-man.png

What does the 15 peso insurance cover.

• Haha 1