PNP Internet Banking (or lack Of)

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, davewe said:

Here's something on the positive side and I still can't figure it out. When we moved here we took the common strategy of leaving most of our money in the US, have the Social Security payment sent to my US bank and then writing a check here to my dollar account. I was told it would be 3+ weeks before it was available here for use.

So I wrote a check and paid a 200 fee. A week later we did the same for another purpose. In 10 days check #1 cleared my US bank and I figured another 10 days at least till it cleared here and I could use it. Check #2 was far from clearing the US bank. We asked the teller at PNB what our dollar account balance was and it included the 2 checks. I explained to Janet that of course that amount must be pending the checks clearing. But just for the heck of it we asked to transfer those amounts to our peso account and then took a bunch out in pesos. It worked! No idea why - I must have a trusting face!

Dave, it took me 7 weeks the one time I tried it, that was enough for me.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Still no sign of my friends transfer. 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

The fun still continues in Puerto Galera with the PNB and internet bank transfers. My friend is still missing his pension as are lots of others. Western Union transfers into the branch are also missing.

It got a bit out of hand yesterday when a foreigner was arrested for threatening the staff as he has no money and no sign of anything being done about it. Lots of promises of phone calls and email explanations which never seam to be carried out. 

A few have been told they must go to the head office in Manila which is pretty hard with no money and the boats only sailing half days due to the off season. You can get there but it means an overnight stay. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

The fun still continues in Puerto Galera with the PNB and internet bank transfers. My friend is still missing his pension

Has he tried to contact the pension Provider to ascertain if it was actually sent. Did he miss his proof of Life Certificate. There are reasons for this Happening and he should start at the :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Has he tried to contact the pension Provider to ascertain if it was actually sent. Did he miss his proof of Life Certificate. There are reasons for this Happening and he should start at the :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

It's flying around the banking system. I'm on a few Facebook sites for this area and it appears there are lots of instances of it. It's not just pensions but bank transfers and Western Union transfers.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Snowy79 said:

It's flying around the banking system. I'm on a few Facebook sites for this area and it appears there are lots of instances of it. It's not just pensions but bank transfers and Western Union transfers.

The I suggest he looks at the Banks Progress Contracts as this is not ringing right with me These this are Traceable That is the use of swift and all the other  things like Iban Numbers sorry mate but I not buying this

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

The I suggest he looks at the Banks Progress Contracts as this is not ringing right with me These this are Traceable That is the use of swift and all the other  things like Iban Numbers sorry mate but I not buying this

He's had the usual emails saying they are looking into it but still no joy. I know the other day when I used the cash point there was a huge queue outside. It's allegedly to do with a glitch in the new upgrade. I bank with HSBC so it doesn't affect me but it apparently does to a lot of others. I've just looked on the What's happening in Puerto Galera Facebook and there's still loads of people with issues. 

• 5 months later...
CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted
On 9/6/2017 at 10:25 AM, Snowy79 said:

It Llooks ooks like the brown stuff has hit the fan again with PNB and bank transfers. A couple of friends have informed me money transfers have gone missing following the latest update and they dont know when theyll be recovered. Apparently the old Allied accounts aren't affected but some guys pensions have gone walk abouts. 

I have one of those old Allied Bank accounts. Never had money go missing. But was told (if memory serves me right - was a year ago when I asked) no online access even though they merged with PNB. Or maybe I misunderstood a temporary issue vs perm. No big deal for me, it's a peso account with just a month's worth of living expenses in it, in case I have an issue accessing money from back home via international ATM withdraws. I use it once in a while so does not get flagged inactive. Think I'll drop in and see if things have changed in a years time regarding online access/issues.  Overall, a good bank with polite staff.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

But was told (if memory serves me right - was a year ago when I asked) no online access even though they merged with PNB.

PNB has online banking as well as an app. http://www.pnb.com.ph/index.php/personal-banking/ebanking-services/personal-internet-banking.html

davewe
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes they have botIt took me a couple months to get the online working on my computer and still don't have the app working for my phone. One is better than none I suppose.