Filipina-Foreigner living outside Philippines divorce statistics

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I wonder if pressure from the family has anything to do with it.Money is a bad one and if a lady is in a foreign country and lots of younger men give her attention she could quite become tempted,especially if she is not really at home.

We know in some cases this it true. Money for family back home can be one of a number of things that conspire against any partnership.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm sure the divorce rates are a two way street. I've only a little experience of married couples in the Philippines and to tell you the truth if I was a pretty Filipino once I'd got my security I'd be heading for the hills. 

Maybe it's because a lot of women throw themselves at foreigners that we get complacent. I've seen two many womanizers and also married women eyeing up fresh victims that I'm a little sceptical of relationships. 

Even amongst the women I've been with it was a common complaint that their exes cheated or just sat around smoking and drinking all day. 

Also the choice of girl makes a big difference. I'm amazed at how many guys get into relationships with bar girls. One bar girl is a good platonic friend of mine and I was in a bar with her and my son when her boyfriend called. She put us all on FaceTime. Now this girl sleeps with a good 3 to 5 guys a week and her boyfriend is busy making plans for the future. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

My obversation in Oz with divorce is mistreating  by males towards their women. As we all know, provincial women are mostly loving and respectful towards their husband. I've seen the husband do some degrading things to their wife in front of his mates, for a laugh. I have left BQs telling the bloke/blokes to wake up and getting into trouble from my wife for making a scene. I'm from old school, but I was bought up to respect women. My mum used to always say, what would you do if you saw someone degrade your sister : response, job them.

Money is another issue, I've seen blokes go over there throwing money around, big noteing themselves and inviting the girl home. When she arrives it's a different kettle of fish, she has to work and pay the bills, resentment  by her husband if she wants to send any of her money home.

Summing up, all you blokes out there that think just because their a different nationality and their just play things for your entertainment, laws are changing all this. If you bring them into Oz, you are financially resposable for them for TWO years , no if or buts, think before you bring a partner over, they are not a play thing nor a means for supporting you, SHE IS YOUR WIFE. 

Of the soap box, some people are just not compatible and are just another sad statistics. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

marine6357
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Clermont said:

think before you bring a partner over, they are not a play thing nor a means for supporting you, SHE IS YOUR WIFE. 

Clermont I couldn't agree more. I also was raised to respect women and a marriage is a partnership built on mutual respect and love.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I dont know any divorce couples at all here in England, i do know a few who should never ever be together for how they treat there partner, but thats none of my business, plus i have heard where the older gent gets bored and of he goes again to play the field, or the younger wife he brought over becomes there carer and the life he promised never happened.