Facebook down also in the UK

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Facebook down today, quick solution go incognito and log in ( works )

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Mine has been fine today here in Dumaguete.

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Mine ok down here as well.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Fine in Cebu ? 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was fine with my Facebook when this was posted and now it is so slow as to be unusable. I am getting a full 3.5 Mbps from my ISP and other sites work fine.  Maybe Facebook are having rotating "brownouts" as they do not have enough bandwidth for all the users?

Cleared the cache and tried the incognito trick but I can't get any speed on Facebook.  Just wondering if its them or my ISP.  I may switch to a new plan with more bandwidth if it will help but I am already getting 3.5 and it has been enough for 3 years now.  Hmmmm.  Would switching to a faster ISP help?  I am thinking of Sky Cable's 16Mbps plan.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I was fine with my Facebook when this was posted and now it is so slow as to be unusable. I am getting a full 3.5 Mbps from my ISP and other sites work fine.  Maybe Facebook are having rotating "brownouts" as they do not have enough bandwidth for all the users?

Cleared the cache and tried the incognito trick but I can't get any speed on Facebook.  Just wondering if its them or my ISP.  I may switch to a new plan with more bandwidth if it will help but I am already getting 3.5 and it has been enough for 3 years now.  Hmmmm.  Would switching to a faster ISP help?  I am thinking of Sky Cable's 16Mbps plan.

Facebook is working fine. There are other issues you are facing. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I will agree on this. I just had PLDT up to have a look at my Antenna, it was a couple of degrees out. Just about every site is the best it has been for ages, after fixing, I asked the guy about cable issues and he said that they were checking the Main Dishes as although we get cable delivery, most of the Stuff comes in  Via satellite anyway and the cable just delivers the product after, so he was saying that they have to wait for a low usage time to do any Work on the main Dishes. Problem being that there are now so many Time band users that it is not always easy to find a quiet time, I said maybe you should close down for an hour or two to do the Work:hystery: LOL he said and have all you Lot moaning even More. Quite a character this engineer but I guess he might be right :thumbsup:

Jack:huh:

Morning all:morning1:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

OK.  I shut down my computer last night, as I always do, and started it this morning, as usual, and did nothing else.  But Facebook is working fine now.  What other issues could be causing it?  Could it be that all the people on the same PLDT line as me were all using Facebook so all the other sites worked fine but there was a choke point if connecting to Facebook?  Or what else would account for it.   This problem has happened before, but only on rare occasions.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Could it be that all the people on the same PLDT line as me were all using Facebook so all the other sites worked fine but there was a choke point if connecting to Facebook?

Scratching Head.jpg  You may have something there young man :smile:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

You may have something there young man

Its back to "slow" again.  I wonder if PLDT are using it as bait to convince people they need to upgrade their ISP plan.  Which is silly as this speed has worked for years and I am not doing more "stuff"