Vacuum recommendition

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Does anyone have a recommendation for a vacuum?  Good one, bad ones.  Up right or canister, bag or bagless.  Like others have mentioned before, the brooms have a place and a job.  However, I don’t like them for everyday use in the house moving the dust from one place to another.  I liked the Electrolux that was available back home but the same models don’t seem available here.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, intrepid said:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a vacuum?  Good one, bad ones.  Up right or canister, bag or bagless.  Like others have mentioned before, the brooms have a place and a job.  However, I don’t like them for everyday use in the house moving the dust from one place to another.  I liked the Electrolux that was available back home but the same models don’t seem available here.

Dyson vacuum stick for 10 to 15 minutes as cordless are a winner, no I don't have shares, beats dragging around a beast and fighting with power leads and yes appears to pick up more than a conventional powered model and we don't have wheels falling off all the time, had barrel types and uprights over the last 40 odd years and now,,,,,,,,, found what appears to be a winner.

Good luck with responses and research.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I would search Lazada for vacuum to find one you like.  Then if you cannot find a comparable in a local shop you will have a fallback option.

If I liked the Electrolux type, I would go for a Dyson like this one on Lazada

Dyson.jpg

http://www.lazada.com.ph/dyson-cinetic-big-ball-multifloor-upright-vacuum-silver-corded-intl-30036276.html?spm=a2o4l.category-050301100000.0.0.rAeqvy&ff=1&sc=EeVX

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Definitely bagless. 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Whatever you get it has to be better than a broom.I have seen small ones in Lee Plaza so they might be available in other large stores.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted (edited)

A funny story about the Vacuum.

When Emma first came to England we was doing some DIY and after drilling and making a little mess upstairs  i asked Emma to go and fetch the hoover from under the stairs.

Well she had gone for ages and i started shouting down the stairs "Ems have you found it". I cant find it my Steve she shouted back.

Its right in front of you Ems , "still cant find  it my Steve.

Its bloody there i thought and off i went down the stairs and into the room and yes there it was sitting there staring back at me,"Ems there it is right there, " thats not a hoover my Steve, thats a vacuum ":571c66d400c8c_1(103):

We do laugh about words and there meanings .

Edited by stevewool
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Seems like the only recommendation is for a Dyson brand.  Very high end but should be worth it.  I really like the one Dave linked to on Lazada.  It claims zero filter maintenance.  No filters to wash or replace.  Not sure how that works without leaving dust behind, but again they claim no dust exhaust.  Time for a little research on Dyson.  Thanks guys.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, intrepid said:

Seems like the only recommendation is for a Dyson brand.  Very high end but should be worth it.  I really like the one Dave linked to on Lazada.  It claims zero filter maintenance.  No filters to wash or replace.  Not sure how that works without leaving dust behind, but again they claim no dust exhaust.  Time for a little research on Dyson.  Thanks guys.

Why not get a heavy duty like this ?

vacuum-trucks-1.jpg

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why not get a heavy duty like this ?

vacuum-trucks-1.jpg

Oh, I've heard they suck! :bonk:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

We have one of those stick vacs that we bought just before moving here so we run it from time to time off of a converter (110v in the US). It takes a pad for wet mopping as well. It sees most of its use in our bedroom as I have asthma.

We also have a small Shop Vac for messes.

Since we're all tile, and since I have a background in the janitorial trades, I bought a nice 24" professional dust mop to use on the flat floors. They insist on wetting it, though, and using it like a wet mop. The concept of cleaning the floor without kicking up dust and then wet mopping it eludes them. Now, since I'm all grumbled-out over the dust mop, they just sweep.

• Like 1