Not so much a Charity but a way of giving to the community !

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I think we all get negative at times and in some cases for good reason but there are in fact many positive selfless acts every day thanks for sharing some! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

early morning Start

I was 110% behind you until I read the above :Caught:

• Haha 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

And Breakfast of Course

In the top pic I see a lot of guys in the field and in the bottom pic I see all ladies at the breakfast table.  Hmmm. And they look so clean.  In Canada I saw lots of tree planters, and the clean ones looked more like:

Tree planters.jpg

Before you get defensive :whistling: I'm just teasing.  In fact I'm 1000% impressed that they are doing this at Noreco II :thumbsup:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Haha 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My dentist or the one I have been to before does dental charity work alone and with organisations so it's not just big companies. 

We enjoy helping the less fortunate by being an active participant in Dental charity, every February of the year we assist the Kanagawa Dental Association Volunteers,we have been doing this for the past 15 years now. We also travel with the Tzu Chi Medical-Dental Mission throughout Cebu every other month. We provide our own Free Dental Clinic at Catmon, Cebu. This service has been operating once a year for the past 5 years. We make use of the Cebu Dental Society's mobile van. It is equipped with a dental chair and dental X-ray machine.We are able to give free oral prophylaxis, ordinary tooth extractions, consultations as well as giving a complete dose of antibiotics and analgesics similar to what the Tzu Chi organization does. Our charity work keeps us very busy and gives us satisfaction that we were able to help those who cannot afford dental treatment.

http://cebudentalservices.com/about/

jpbago
Posted
Posted
On 8/26/2017 at 10:11 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

In the top pic I see a lot of guys in the field and in the bottom pic I see all ladies at the breakfast table.  Hmmm. And they look so clean.  In Canada I saw lots of tree planters, and the clean ones looked more like:

Tree planters.jpg

That was me in the picture. I did that in North Ontario in a far more rugged area than in the picture. They give you a pail with 50 seedlings and a small spade. When you have planted all 50, you come back for more. An inspector checks on your work so no cheating. You get paid per seedling. Wasps and bears were a danger. We did have early starts, barely sunrise.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Charity work here Jack can be kinda frustrating and disappointing. We allocate a certain amount to trying help out kids, hands on, to a lessor extent some elderly.

Recently we had a young girl we have been sponsoring for some years suddenly decided enough schooling and quit. Family and us were devastated, at times hard to find the right mix. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 8/28/2017 at 8:18 AM, RBM said:

Charity work here Jack can be kinda frustrating and disappointing. We allocate a certain amount to trying help out kids, hands on, to a lessor extent some elderly.

Recently we had a young girl we have been sponsoring for some years suddenly decided enough schooling and quit. Family and us were devastated, at times hard to find the right mix. 

No words to describe that except idiotic girl.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Obviously.

But the problem with education is that it's only enjoyable in retrospect!

RBM
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Problem is Kev this type of activity is not uncommon, it's the poor parent whom is a  simple P Nut vendor that deserve the pity. Not only is the life close to beyond hardship when they see a glimmer of hope for one of their kids this happens. Unfortunately her brother whom we were sponsoring did the same thing about a year before the girl. 

Now we have a different approach which is for another thread. 

• Like 2