Chairty is it really Good?

mogo51
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, bigpearl said:

God helps those who help themselves but Christ help those that get caught. Another long story but best for another topic. Hope you are travelling well in your new digs Ron, Still sorting our Flights and accom but hope to catch up for a beer in March.

Cheers, Steve.

Looking forward to it Steve.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kuya John said:

If the money spent on war was spent on developing and sustaining life instead of death, charity would not be needed.

There is a program on National Geographic.  I watched it last night.  It claims that our entire civilization, everything we know and love, is derived from wars.  It it in our nature and without it we would still be living a garden of eden type existence. 

Gary D
Posted
Posted

One of the major causes of world starvation is childhood inoculation.

• Sad 1

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here's Sam Kinison's take on world hunger (at 4:40), but watch the whole thing; it's one of the great 1st TV appearances ever. 

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
allow embedding
  • Haha 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Kuya John said:

What have we learnt over the centuries, yes there has been many tyrant's in all shapes and sizes (descriptions)

Even today it continues in the name of this or the other, billions of Dollars,  Pounds, Peso's etc are spent on the war machines in the name of peace.

I'm sure there will be a few wealthy persons living the high life in Bermuda who have capitalised on the suffering of others.

If the money spent on war was spent on developing and sustaining life instead of death, charity would not be needed.

Even in the so called Western society as we speak, if not for charity and research with donated funds, we would not of found cures for life's ills.

Let our consciences be our guide, for there will always be those with no conscience at all. :tiphat:

The poor people have learnt nothing Kuya, the oligarchy makes sure of that. The blind leading the blind.No the blind being led. The machine has been working for thousands of years. The monies spent on "peace" Is designed and dictated to the rabble,,,,,,,,,,Me! Money? No this is not about peace and no matter the country the rich are in there for their gains be it a seat in the senate or a presidency and have always feathered their own nest no matter the country or beliefs religious or no. Extreme or moderate views that are sold, the masses tend to follow the Wanker, leader because we are sheep and it is easier to follow than to question because the clever conditioned sheep do follow.

Your words have wisdom but us silly so and so's, keep electing the wrong people. Guilty as charged. As Julius Sumner Miller stated many times, "Why is it so". God rest his soul but a man that questioned in physics and life and made many plebeians (like me) think about what is good bad and potentially Frigging ugly.

The Philippines is a comfort zone that suits (ME) many but not all, the same can be had in any third world or developing country and while some/many find life in southern France,  Portugal or Laos an economically viable and palpable choice charity is charity and is up to the individual to stand up and say no or that will be my lot in life. Charity begins at home and that's what the wealthy practice to the detriment of society and the well being of our fellow man. Make them accountable, our elected representatives that sold us their views and once elected back pedal and have aligned  and sympathetic  bias media banging the drums generally owned to support financial goals. Is or could charity be thought of as a guilt trip related to ones understanding of the lack of humanity within what is supposed to be an equal world? Honestly, charity makes money but not for the recipients but the perpetrators and is always well sold to the blind.

Love and give to those that deserve within your realm, (we only have so much to share) the less fortunate unseen will eventually stand up and prosper, history dictates this time and again. Only a lowly view with a little cynicism but said with heart and a sad view of a downward spiralling humanity with little or no humility that can change little and while of me/us are only a grain of sand or the flap of a wing from a butterfly can and will see others prosper by our input or others kind words, emotional support and if/where needed a slap on the arse to get them motivated. Many regimes use and abuse the masses, say no more. Charity certainly begins at home.

Sorry Kuya and readers  for a very,,,,, again long winded  podium opinion but just an observation and heart felt opinion on where our world is not going and correct me if I am wrong but expressed by many not only on the charity side of things but where and how humanity is back sliding.

Cheers, Steve.

Ps. Hope you read this properly and don't slap me. (Promise?)

Edited by bigpearl
  • Thanks 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There is a program on National Geographic.  I watched it last night.  It claims that our entire civilization, everything we know and love, is derived from wars.  It it in our nature and without it we would still be living a garden of eden type existence. 

We wish Dave, no wars and a perpetual garden of Eden, lets sack all the pollies and eat leaves and prosper sounds idilic. Ah but the serpent reared its ugly head and we can't shake it off to date. sh1t happens and all have to find our own utopia.

Have to look up that NG program, sounds like a watch.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, davewe said:

Other than the Sam Kinison video I just posted I suppose my personal attitude is if I can help a few people at any level I've done a good thing. I don't believe that governments or charitable organizations can solve massive global issues that are so complex the mind boggles.

Currently Bill Gates is throwing billions to tackle world hunger. Having worked professionally with Microsoft for years if given a chance I would tell Bill that instead of trying to solve one of the most complex systematic problems in the world he might first try to get Windows to stop crashing. 

That's why God made Mac.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, bigpearl said:

Have to look up that NG program, sounds like a watch.

This is it, but not sure if there is the whole program linked in here somewhere or just a synopsis

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/origins-the-journey-of-humankind/articles/how-war-made-us-modern/

This is the summary of the story:

But even as conflicts have destroyed so many lives and burned though vast fortunes, it’s necessary for us to recognize another truth: In many ways, war also has helped propel the progress of human civilization. Since better weaponry could meant the difference between winning and losing, warfare drove technological innovation, and many of those advances later were converted to productive peacetime uses as well. And after the smoke had cleared, violent clashes often resulted in the mixing and synergy of peoples and cultures.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver