Burns

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I've covered up two nice sized blisters that burst but my skin resembles a zebra. Im ensuring i disinfect the area regularly. As you say infections are bad here. 

mogo51
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

They don`t seem to have a very good sense of danger do they.

You should try using a spoon, much less painful.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

A burn is caused by dry heat whereas liquid will scold

I'm willing to bet she got well and truly scolded. :hystery:

But to be serious.  The NHS says:

Burns and scalds are damage to the skin caused by heat. Both are treated in the same way. A burn is caused by dry heat – by an iron or fire, for example. A scald is caused by something wet, such as hot water or steam.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Burns-and-scalds/Pages/Introduction.aspx

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

It's worse than I thought. I figured I only had a few blisters and the rest of the skin was just dark red in colour. The red skin has now started to peel away like a lepar. Looks like no more swimming for me to be safe and plenty of sterile bandages. 

marine6357
Posted
Posted

Snowy You really need to see a doctor this is not something you should try to correct yourself. Just think if you were back in Scotland what would you do. Get well my friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, marine6357 said:

Snowy You really need to see a doctor this is not something you should try to correct yourself. Just think if you were back in Scotland what would you do. Get well my friend.

I'm pretty clued up from my time in the forces as far as first aid goes. It's well wrapped up in sterile bandages now and my injections are all up to-date. I'm more annoyed that I'll be a couch potato for a few weeks now. No swimming, gym or using my right hand for most things.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I scratched the skin off of a centavo-sized area on the top of my right big toe after being bitten by a mosquito. It was exactly like a blister: scratched the itch, the rubbing caused a blister, and the skin came right off.

It was two weeks before it scabbed over and began to heal. I kept dribbling peroxide on it and covering it with a plaster to keep it clean. I almost went to the doctor over it. It's finally healed up but there's a round scar now.

Treating open wounds in the tropics is tricky. I hope you visit the doctor.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, JDDavao said:

It was two weeks before it scabbed over and began to heal. I kept dribbling peroxide on it and covering it with a plaster to keep it clean. I almost went to the doctor over it. It's finally healed up but there's a round scar now.

I did similar, but added that green Chinese fluconazole cream.  It seemed to help with both the itch and healing but maybe just a placebo effect.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

using my right hand for most things

Does not feel the same using the left. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2