Baguio and Vigan City

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys,

Just after some recommendations for accommodation in Baguio and Vigan City.  Pool, internet, aircon and hot water and of course a bed.  Budget is about 2.5-3k PHP a night.  

After my last trip I've grown to actually like Luzon rather than avoid it so going to explore some more this time around.  

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

Thanks, 

Brett. 

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

You may not want a pool considering the temperature is the lowest in the Philippines. 

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You may not want a pool considering the temperature is the lowest in the Philippines. 

Hmmm, that's right, well pool not essential in Baguio :D

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Hi Guys,

Just after some recommendations for accommodation in Baguio and Vigan City.  Pool, internet, aircon and hot water and of course a bed.  Budget is about 2.5-3k PHP a night.  

After my last trip I've grown to actually like Luzon rather than avoid it so going to explore some more this time around.  

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

Thanks, 

Brett. 

Hi Brett,

As google is our best friend,,,,,, let your fingers do the walking. Depending on your needs there are a plethora of offers available and one only needs to look. Both areas beautiful and charming and as JGF stated nary a need for a pool in Baguio and good luck finding accom with a pool unless we have plenty of money, flat buildable land is at a premium up there and is aimed at beds, not swimming pools. Vigan city has close beaches but more history and fine it is. Sit in the cobbled streets drinking international beers and take in the Spanish influence.  Tourism at its best but look beyond. As you asked Brett and not sure if I can mention but Airbnb offer hundreds of choices in Baguio and while Vigan City offer less than 100, suitable accom will be found to suit the individual needs. 

Enjoy your stay in these and other areas.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

If you want to to stop at a hot springs pool(s) on the way out of Baguio en route to Vigan, let me know and I will get you the name and directions.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bigpearl said:

Hi Brett,

As google is our best friend,,,,,, let your fingers do the walking. Depending on your needs there are a plethora of offers available and one only needs to look. Both areas beautiful and charming and as JGF stated nary a need for a pool in Baguio and good luck finding accom with a pool unless we have plenty of money, flat buildable land is at a premium up there and is aimed at beds, not swimming pools. Vigan city has close beaches but more history and fine it is. Sit in the cobbled streets drinking international beers and take in the Spanish influence.  Tourism at its best but look beyond. As you asked Brett and not sure if I can mention but Airbnb offer hundreds of choices in Baguio and while Vigan City offer less than 100, suitable accom will be found to suit the individual needs. 

Enjoy your stay in these and other areas.

Cheers, Steve.

Yep, done all that already.  After some boots on the ground experience here.  Already have some ideas from the Google thing but nothing like the voice of experience.  Have a mate that spends about 4 months of the year in Baguio so just waiting to touch base with him on that front but I'll tap all other resources as well.    

And yeah, that's the attraction of Vigan, the history.  I'll have a guide with me so hopefully I'll be able to walk some of those lesser tread paths.  

Off to Palawan after that, just for a couple of days so I'll just take that as it comes.  

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

If you want to to stop at a hot springs pool(s) on the way out of Baguio en route to Vigan, let me know and I will get you the name and directions.

Thanks mate, we'll be setting out from Subic (Blue Rock) after a couple of days of just doing nothing around a pool with pints of draft SM so definitely after some side trips on the way.  

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Thanks mate, we'll be setting out from Subic (Blue Rock) after a couple of days of just doing nothing around a pool with pints of draft SM so definitely after some side trips on the way.  

I don't know why but Google maps will not let me paste the link.  API error.  Paste "Palm Grove Hot Springs and Mountain Resort" into Google maps if you are interested.  There are a lot of pictures.  Very clean with a lot of pools.  You will probably be the only foreigner there!

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Ah come on now mate, you'll leaving out the best part -- the juicy part.  Who is this "guide" you're talking about?  Or are  you finding some more "guides" at the Blue Rock Beach Resort......he, he.   

Have fun but stay lubricated.  

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Use caution with Blue Rock.  A while back I heard they had a new manager and the pool was not being taken care of.  It might be fine now but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

• Like 2