Strangers causing trouble.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm currently living in Puerto Galera in Orinetal Mindoro. It's a great place with close access to major cities if I need and with enough things to do so I don't get bored but the women here are a nightmare.

For those that don't know the area there's a fair amount of bar girls and freelancers in the area so to find a decent girl can be a bit difficult at times. If you get one you want to keep her.

When I arrived in the area I was advised by an experienced expat that if I get a good girl tell everyone she is my wife to stop any trouble. He said the women here try to break up relationships so the guy is free meat again. I laughed it off but still took it in. 

In the last two months I've had one girl who was a platonic friend tell my partner I've been sleeping with one of the bar girls and have fallen for her. A complete stranger who cleans the toilets in a bar just walk up to my girlfriend when I went to the toilet and tell her I'm drunk and that I'm always in the bar chatting up girls then buying them drinks (I rarely drink and take my partner out with me most times.) Then last night I went into another bar and a waitress came over to take my order. Before I even placed my order she started speaking tagalog to my partner. They chatted for a good minute before I managed to order my drink. When she left my partner told me she said I was at a place called White Beach two days ago with three girls and not to trust me. She never realised I live with my partner and she goes everywhere with me so it would have been physically impossible for me to do those things.

It seriously pissed me off as my partner is jealous to the extreme and after the first accusation we almost broke up. I'll be having words with the manager when he returns from the UK as it needs stamped out. I told my partner they'd never do that in the UK as it causes so much trouble and nine times out of ten the messenger gets a good slapping.

I'd have expected it from the bar girls but these were employees. I know others have been in the same position but just how common is it in other areas of the Philippines?

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Behind every bush and under every rock. If your partner doesn't have the discipline to ignore it or tell them off your relationship is doomed. For some it might be to get you back on the market but people who know I wouldn't walk across the street to piss on them if they were on fire have done it to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Sounds like the common crab mentality.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

You could always blotter her,I read a few months ago that a girl got put in prison for telling lies.

• Like 1

Mr-T
Posted
Posted

This is a common phenomenon in the Ph. They are jealous and envious and some will try anything to break up a relationship.

Even filipino men does it. Many times my wife tells me of men hitting on her. Only piss me off because that shows no respect.

You need to sit your GF. down and have a good talk with her if you have not already done so.

Good luck.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Mr-T said:

This is a common phenomenon in the Ph. They are jealous and envious and some will try anything to break up a relationship.

Even filipino men does it. Many times my wife tells me of men hitting on her. Only piss me off because that shows no respect.

You need to sit your GF. down and have a good talk with her if you have not already done so.

Good luck.

She was debriefed after the first time. I pretty much told her jealousy is a sign of disrespect to me as it's like accusing me of doing something I haven't done. I was very close to leaving her two weeks ago over jealousy. We went into a bar where the first girl I was accused of being with worked and my partner was like a bear with a sore head. I tried to cheer her up but she just sat with her arms folded. I was annoyed also because she chose to go in there. She then said " this is whee your favourite girl works" I just left my drink, stood up and told her to F off. 

She ran home pleading with me so I warrned her I'm having no more of it. If she has a problem with agirl we talk it out with the girl not the messenger as they're liars. 

As I said since then I've been accused of two things that were impossible to have happened so now she believes me. I'm sure the next person that lies to her had better look out as I'm ready to cause serious trouble with her emloyer. 

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Wow I am so happy I am married and I can look and the wife knows I am with her plus it works the other way too, when I know many are looking at the wife and I know she is with me..

But I must add when on he beach I always wear dark glasses , its easy when you can look at other things while still talking to the one .

• Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Gary D said:

Simple to solve, stop going to bars :thumbsup:

Or stay single and go to more bars :whistling:

• Like 3
  • I'm Confused 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Or stay single and go to more bars 

I often flip a coin.  Never having had a relationship last longer than 10 years, and finding it a common trend to see friends of all ages go through breakups with ladies of all nationalities and age gaps, I wonder if its worth putting up with any shit.

If the solution, for you, is to stay single; then go for it.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2