Strangers causing trouble.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

As I said since then I've been accused of two things that were impossible to have happened so now she believes me. I'm sure the next person that lies to her had better look out as I'm ready to cause serious trouble with her emloyer. 

Causing "trouble" like that is a good way to get yourself killed or thrown in prison like the guy who spent 5 years in prison for "rape".  He would still be there if not for international outrage over it. All they have to do is claim you did it, you have no rights over there.

I've been to Puerto Galera once, several years ago when I was single. Thought it was great but not to live. Wonder if the Sabang Disco is still there. One of the wilder places I've been.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, MikeB said:

Causing "trouble" like that is a good way to get yourself killed or thrown in prison like the guy who spent 5 years in prison for "rape".  He would still be there if not for international outrage over it. All they have to do is claim you did it, you have no rights over there.

I've been to Puerto Galera once, several years ago when I was single. Thought it was great but not to live. Wonder if the Sabang Disco is still there. One of the wilder places I've been.

This was my thought as well. Just why is it you must live in Puerto Galera? There are many many nice places with much less drama and players.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

It's a good place with a great ex pat community. Having been here for a while and with friends who have lived here, some over 30 years it has its own way of dealing with things. It's not a gun happy province town. I've seen a few run ins with the locals and they all end up without any drama. The women need to learn the consequences of their actions and plenty do. A few women have lost their jobs over their attitudes and it slowly trickles down. I certainly feel safer here than in most places. 

When I lived in Manila it was my partner that warned me off about the women. She told me not to even trust her friends as they are like predictors when foreigners are about so it's not only Sabang. 

I've also had the same in Cebu and Palawan so I don't think it's just a local issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Maybe you should just admit to sleeping with every woman in town, twice a day and three times on Sunday and get it over with? That way they don't have to ask.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

It seriously pissed me off as my partner is jealous to the extreme and after the first accusation we almost broke up.

I wonder what else would take her to the extreme?  I know it may hurt Snowy but the truth is right in front of you.  

Please proceed with caution, OK?  

Respectfully Jake

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

I've also had the same in Cebu and Palawan so I don't think it's just a local issue. 

If you're referring to gossip, no it's not a local issue. If it was an Olympic event the Philippines would win gold every time. But it's how you react to it that's the problem. The more you make of it the worse it will be - for you. Laugh it off or just ignore it. Or just stay out of bars if it bothers you. If you can’t do that you’re in the wrong place. Causing problems for locals is probably not going to end well for you. 

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Gary D said:

Simple to solve, stop going to bars :thumbsup:

Really and what will that solve,why does he have to change because somebody else is jealous.Grow up girls we aint all bed hopping.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Never having had a relationship last longer than 10 years, and finding it a common trend to see friends of all ages go through breakups with ladies of all nationalities and age gaps, I wonder if its worth putting up with any shit.

4 hours after I wrote this I got a message from a good friend who met a filipina in Cebu 10 years ago.  They lived together for about 5 years in Cebu and 5 years in Australia and seemed to have a great relationship to all outside viewers.  The message said they just broke up.  He is coming back to Cebu and she is staying in Aus with someone else.

Again, I wonder how much a guy should put up with knowing that she may be the one to dump you at any time it suits her.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, MikeB said:

If you're referring to gossip, no it's not a local issue. If it was an Olympic event the Philippines would win gold every time. But it's how you react to it that's the problem. The more you make of it the worse it will be - for you. Laugh it off or just ignore it. Or just stay out of bars if it bothers you. If you can’t do that you’re in the wrong place. Causing problems for locals is probably not going to end well for you. 

If only it was as simple as staying out of bars. As I say there's a large ex pat community here and speaking to a few that live in the same apartments they've had the same happen to them. One of them even had a girlfriend attack him with a knife over a false accusation. In his case it was a girl in a Sari Sari store not a bar. 

Maybe I attract nutters I don't know but I've had one tour guide from Cebu telling people that I know to back off and stop talking to me as she's my fiance and doesn't want me talking to women. Another random stranger who I'd never met but was a friend of a male Filipino that I know saw me with him and asked about me. Next thing I know my partner is accusing me of having a girlfriend in Palawan, the girl had contacted her via Facebook telling my partner I'm her other girlfriend. I've even had a good friends wife giving me sympathy as she'd been told my Filipno wife had cleared out my bank account and claimed the house. Not bad going seeing as I've never married one. 

As my friends say the women if they don't know the truth just make up gossip. Sadly sometimes it causes so much trouble.

As for keeping out of bars. I'm practically a non drinker. I'm lucky if I go out drinking once a week and then it's a maximum of 4 San Mig Lights. I eat out a few times per week and always have my partner with me and never have alcohol with my meal. It's tea or a Mango Shake. Some of the girls I talk to are waitresses not just bar girls. In fact the ones that have caused me trouble are all employees not prostitutes. The few prostitutes that know me by face talk to my partner and are always nice.

If you've ever been to Sabang you would understand what the night life is like here. There's probably 2 bars where you don't get bar girls or freelancers. 

• Like 1