What Percentage of Your Net Income Do You Spend on Rent

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Just a quick one guys, what percentage of your net do you spend on rent and what are you getting and where are you?  

I'm working on a rough figure of about 20% based on my rents here in Aust now and in the past.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

I'm working on a rough figure of about 20% based on my rents here in Aust now and in the past.

We own so we don't pay Rent per say but  based on my life, at 20% for rent you are either on a very low rent or a kin Large salary.

My friend het gets 50.00 peso a month and he pays 10.000 in Rent  so that would equate for you at 20% but then I have a neighbour here that gets 80.000 per month and pays 16.000 so it is about the same on the Other Hand we have some acquaintances that are on 150.000 and Pay 25.000 So up a Little but I reckon you may be good on your 20% :thumbsup:

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

We own so we don't pay Rent per say but  based on my life, at 20% for rent you are either on a very low rent or a kin Large salary.

My friend het gets 50.00 peso a month and he pays 10.000 in Rent  so that would equate for you at 20% but then I have a neighbour here that gets 80.000 per month and pays 16.000 so it is about the same on the Other Hand we have some acquaintances that are on 150.000 and Pay 25.000 So up a Little but I reckon you may be good on your 20% :thumbsup:

It's a ball park figure based on what I've seen there, what I want and where I'll probably end up in PH.  It's a max amount so the more I can get for less the better. The rents here in Aust are insane in most places so I may be overestimating on the percentage amount with regards to PH and I'm planning for "worst case scenario" rather than "pie in the sky".

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

20 to 25% has always been my budget for rent

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Just a quick one guys, what percentage of your net do you spend on rent and what are you getting and where are you?  

23% Brett, but there are better deals around here, that is for furnished shitty old style apartment.  2 br unfurnished around here for 8-10k but you have to wait for a decent home, some are like shit holes.  Furnishings will cost about 140-160k for basic stuff, but sufficient to be comfortable.

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Based on previous experience from friends, I'm also guessing it's probably better to get a local to make the initial inquiry?  When I was with the ex, I saw quite dramatic price differences between locals and us western types on a range of things.  

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm paying 16,000 plus about 5,000 for a one bedroom apartment with a balcony in Sabang, Oriental Mindoro. Food is about 100 peso more expensive per meal out here than the nearby town of Puerto Galera due to the amount of ex pats here. Beer can be up to 50 peso more expensive what with us all being rich. :hystery:

• Like 2

Howard
Posted
Posted

10% in Metro Manila

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Howard said:

10% in Metro Manila

Based on what rent and net income? :89:

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I'm paying 25,000p a month for rent out of an 80,000p pension in Angeles City. I have a nice 2 bedroom apartment in the friendship area.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1