Cost of living

PaulB
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Happyhorn52 said:

Try drinking Emperador Light, its only 123p a liter. 

http://www.emperadorbrandy.com/emperador-light.html

I Did!!!IMG_2644.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

It appears that a lot of you enjoy a tipple or five as it is mentioned in a lot of posts , I'm tea total and can see a major saving all ready , cola and water spear quite inexpensive :whistling:

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, bastonjock said:

It appears that a lot of you enjoy a tipple or five as it is mentioned in a lot of posts , I'm tea total and can see a major saving all ready , cola and water spear quite inexpensive :whistling:

Coca Cola is my preferred poison and I find the best value is the glass, liter returnable bottle. it seems to have more caffein than most local coffee and a truckload of sugar which is bad for you but if you are staying up really late for you so you can communicate overseas, it does the trick for me.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes, of course.  I shall not reply to any more of your posts as I see it offends you.  I am sorry for that, it was not intended.

If anyone else on the forum finds they do not like my replies to their posts I am quite content to give your posts a miss.  Just send a "polite" private message to explain you are not receptive to my replies.  Thanks in advance.

Have replied with PM.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

Coca Cola is my preferred poison and I find the best value is the glass, liter returnable bottle. it seems to have more caffein than most local coffee and a truckload of sugar which is bad for you but if you are staying up really late for you so you can communicate overseas, it does the trick for me.

Soft drink here is actually more expensive than beer.  Now that is what a call  a Government who has the right slant on things!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, PaulB said:

I Did!!!IMG_2644.JPG

I have Rolls Royce tastes with a beer budget Jack.  I like Alhambra Spanish Brandy about 270 pesos litre I think.  Most enjoyable.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I'm tea total and can see a major saving all ready , cola and water spear quite inexpensive :whistling:

:89: I tend to think one or two would disagree with this, Did you read the Topic about Our Day out in Dumaguete where the Coffee and Coke Drinkers matched the beer Mens Bill? :smile:

Jack:shades:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 9/8/2017 at 8:01 AM, mogo51 said:

Have you always been down south Kev, did you ever spend any time in Luzon?  I am still looking at the costs here because we have not really had a chance when it is just a 'normal' month cost wise.  Settling in and buying various things to 'get through' until our BB boxes arrived (which they now have).  So it is a 'more expensive' time, also now moving to our house, costs are lining up.

But by  end of this month I will be able to start to get an accurate figure.  However, as I usually did the shopping in Thailand, I know it is considerably less expensive here.  It is showing a figure of around 45k pesos a month which includes 15k for rent will be achievable.  That is a comparable life style to Thailand.

Cebu City,Dalaguete,and now Dumaguete.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:grouphugg: Much needed methinks

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: I tend to think one or two would disagree with this, Did you read the Topic about Our Day out in Dumaguete where the Coffee and Coke Drinkers matched the beer Mens Bill? :smile:

Jack:shades:

Morning All:photo-109:

Soft drink is 10 pesos more expensive where I go for a drink than a bottle Pilsen.  Plus it is nowhere near as enjoyable. All you will end up with if you kerep drinking Coke is no teeth and diabetes.  With beer there is a big chance you will end up half whacked.

• Haha 3

• Old55 locked this topic
  • Jollygoodfellow unlocked this topic