:grouphugg: Much needed methinks

Indeed.

Hey Ron... What about the price of corn flakes? :cornflakes::popcorn::shades:

Just teasing you guys.

• Haha 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

To be perfectly honest, I'd be quite happy in a larger studio with a kitchenette.  Prior to moving to Cairns that's exactly what I was in for 5 years.  Filled my car up and off I went.  So that's what I'd probably be initially looking for there in PH.  So, my expenses on that front will be minimal even by Philippine standards.  That may change when and if some girl manages to pin me down of course :nudie:

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Old55 said:

Indeed.

Hey Ron... What about the price of corn flakes? :cornflakes::popcorn::shades:

Just teasing you guys.

They are slightly cheaper here, but there is a place in Pattaya and elsewhere Macro and they sell 1.5kg pakcs and breaking it down to 'box' size then it is a  little cheaper there.  I was a Muesli person there and could get that at a reasonable price buying Tesco brand, but Muesli here is expensive.  I have switched to Wholemeal Uncle Tobys Oats but don't enjoy it as much as Muesli.

We bought a 'Nutra Bullet' look alike on Lazada for 1550 pesos and it is fantastic, we often have smoothies for breakfast and it makes the best vegetable soup which I often add noodles, mushrooms etc and so good. The 'original' on Lazada is about 7000 pesos and I doubt it would be any better than what we are using.  

Robinsons had the same product on 'sale' when I was in Angeles for 5000 so we got a bargain.

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, mogo51 said:

We bought a 'Nutra Bullet' look alike on Lazada for 1550 pesos and it is fantastic, we often have smoothies for breakfast and it makes the best vegetable soup which I often add noodles, mushrooms etc and so good. The 'original' on Lazada is about 7000 pesos and I doubt it would be any better than what we are using.  

Robinsons had the same product on 'sale' when I was in Angeles for 5000 so we got a bargain.

Just a word of caution, Ron. There have been quite a few cases  of these exploding or bursting into flames.

An example: https://www.aspokesmansaid.com/shopping/stories/content-5567/warning-as-fake-nutribullet-blender-explodes-in-victim-s-face

Not saying that yours is one of those, but forewarned is forearmed is they say.

Ken

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 08/09/2017 at 1:54 PM, robert k said:

Still too much variable unless you live the exact lifestyle, accommodations and all.

Agreed, but it's the best comparison you're going to get. If everything was exactly the same, what would be the point of moving!

robert k
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, hk blues said:

Agreed, but it's the best comparison you're going to get. If everything was exactly the same, what would be the point of moving!

If it was cheaper? This is a cost of living thread after all?

Nylsel Joy Aneslac
Posted
Posted

average daily  spending for an average class filipino is P500. Hence, atleast 30000 monthly budget would be enough .. save the rest for your booze

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, robert k said:

If it was cheaper? This is a cost of living thread after all?

If it was cheaper, it wouldn't be exactly the same!

It is the cost if living thread -which is what we're discussing?

Maybe it's because it's Monday, I feel I'm missing something!

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

If it was cheaper, it wouldn't be exactly the same!

It is the cost if living thread -which is what we're discussing?

Maybe it's because it's Monday, I feel I'm missing something!

I think I see your point. If everything down to the absolute smallest detail, including all air molecules within 5 cm of your left nostril, the cost of moving should probably be considered a downside. I don't think the average reader of this thread is getting that deep into it but would be satisfied if goods, services and accommodations are comparable within a close frame of reference and whether one place or the other costs less to live within that frame of reference. When I leave my house in the morning, the house isn't exactly the same when I return in the evening.:smile:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Clermont
Posted
Posted

How about wheatbix Ron any over there, :cornflakes:

• Haha 1

• Old55 locked this topic
  • Jollygoodfellow unlocked this topic