Cost of living part 15 section 4 underscore 11

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Yes there have been lots and lots of these threads and the answer is "not to sure", or it could be "boots on the ground".

So this got me thinking what could the answer be, so i have come up with a new angle on this question.

What about asking our long term members who are living in the Philippines over many years how much have there budget gone up and for the real tight buggers how much has it gone down.

We all know that in the first few months or year you will be spending out for the accommodation and furniture and maybe transport too but after all this has been paid it could settle down to a figure each month, yes we all know that there will be the odd emergency fund.

So if you long term folk have a few minutes of time to put finger to keyboard all information will be welcome .

mogo51
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Yes there have been lots and lots of these threads and the answer is "not to sure", or it could be "boots on the ground".

So this got me thinking what could the answer be, so i have come up with a new angle on this question.

What about asking our long term members who are living in the Philippines over many years how much have there budget gone up and for the real tight buggers how much has it gone down.

We all know that in the first few months or year you will be spending out for the accommodation and furniture and maybe transport too but after all this has been paid it could settle down to a figure each month, yes we all know that there will be the odd emergency fund.

So if you long term folk have a few minutes of time to put finger to keyboard all information will be welcome .

We have been here 2 months and have not stopped spending especially now we have bought a house here.  But for the long term good.  It is still way cheaper than trying to set up a home in Oz.  Cost of living in general terms has risen, no matter where you come from, it is still very affordable here.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

After the initial splurge that most of us have when we first land here, I'd say my budget is the same but I probably spend less of it than before. So, any price inflation doesn't really impact me. Yet!

Why do I spend less? Probably because i go out much less than before - there isn't a great social scene around where I am, so I've lost interest in going out as much. Also, we are more aware of what to buy, where and when. 

I'd say it's a pattern repeated by most when they move to a new location - inside or outside their country - it's just a matter of how steep the learning curve is that makes a difference when you are moving further afield.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I suspect I will spend 350k php including vehicle purchase the first week, possibly 450K the first month. From that point, my guess is only slightly better than anyone else's, I don't think I will have to sleep in the car though.