My Divorce

Rob Williamson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi am Rob Williamson, Australian, living in Legazpi, Philippines

Nearly six years I married a Filipina here in Legazpi, it didn't work out, yesterday my Decree absolute, Divorce was granted in Australia, a Court order was granted for the property was granted with the usual result.

in the meantime she gained Australian Citizenship, which I have heard is considered favorable for courts here in Philippines

I am now living here in Philippines and she lives in Australia, with relatives I sponsored there, recently I heard although two Australian citizens are divorced in Australia, apparently we are still considered to be married here, i  Philippines

I longer to be free, can anyone help me

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Spilt from old topic
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Rob Williamson said:

. . .  apparently we are still considered to be married here, in  Philippines . . .

I suppose there is a record of your marriage in a Philippine record somewhere but I know it is possible to have your divorce recognized here.  It cannot be too hard as quite a few have done it.  Perhaps someone here will report back with first hand info but if I were you I would follow the advice in this law site and consult a lawyer:

Recognition is a judicial process where both the foreign divorce and the foreign divorce law need to be proven in Court. You will need to file a Petition for Recognition of Foreign Divorce with the Regional Trial Court in the Philippines. You will need to get a lawyer to prepare and conduct the case.

https://lawyerphilippines.org/2017/04/11/recognition-of-foreign-divorce-in-the-philippines-process/