World to end this month. Drink up

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Time to party? :7500:

The world may end later this month, predictions say

Doomsday may be here soon than expected, if you believe the conspiracy theorists claiming that the Earth is due to collide with another planet later this month.

Bible passages apparently supporting the centuries' old prediction of the end of the world on September 23 of this year has intrigued many around the globe, The Sun reports.

Christian numerologist David Meade says verses in Luke 21:25 to 26 tell us that recent events, such as the recent solar eclipse seen by the US and Hurricane Harvey, are signs of the apocalypse.

"25: There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken," the passage says.

"26: Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken."

The September 23 date was pinpointed using codes from the Bible, as well as a "date marker" in the pyramids of Giza in Egypt.

Meade's theory, which most people view through a widely skeptical lens, says that the so-called Planet X, also known as Nibiru, will pass Earth on September 23, causing volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and earthquakes, The Sun reports.

But NASA has dismissed the claims, insisting the Planet X theory is merely a hoax

This theory of when the apocalypse will occur was first mentioned in 1976 by author Zecharia Sitchin in his book The 12th Planet.

He believed the planet is home to ancient aliens called the Annunaki who he claimed created the human race. 

The 2000-year-old prophecy was first described in the book of Revelations.

Meade wrote a book called Planet X – The 2017 Arrival - insisting Nibiru would crash into Earth in October, but then moved it forward by a few weeks.

His theory was given a boost this year when NASA discovered a new planet in the solar system, which they named Planet Nine.

Meade has been quoted previously saying: "It is very strange indeed that both the Great Sign of Revelation 12 and the Great Pyramid of Giza both point us to one precise moment in time – September 20 to 23, 2017."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/37118746/the-world-may-an-end-sooner-than-you-expect-predictions-say/

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

If Kim Jong-un hears about this he might take it upon himself to play God and fulfill the prophesy. :Caught:

What I find interesting, (in a vague and unconvinced way), is that some Jews and some Christians seem to agree on this Click here for the link showing jewish prophesy

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I know for a fact that these are MY end times.

Interesting.  I wonder if it would feel any better or worse if the world came to an end and we all passed on at the same time?  I, personally, don't think we would even know so would it really matter if the world ended on a given date or if I was the only one coming to my end?

But you never know, some time between now and the end of my life medical science may find my reset button and I'll get to do it again. :Caught:

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Interesting subject JGF, but be careful you might get banned,  even if it is only for a few days more!

I am siding with MikeJ on this one, but here's a thought for Dave H,

2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Interesting.  I wonder if it would feel any better or worse if the world came to an end and we all passed on at the same time?  I, personally, don't think we would even know so would it really matter if the world ended on a given date or if I was the only one coming to my end?

What if you were the only one left on the Planet?............:89:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Kuya John said:

What if you were the only one left on the Planet?............:89:

Does anyone else remember the television series "The Twilight Zone".  They had one show where this guy was a total introvert.  So antisocial that he hated to be around other people.  He worked in a bank and his passion in life was reading.  During lunch he goes into the vault to eat and read.  He feels an incredible shaking, black out then wakes, leaves the vault, and discovers the city, country, maybe the world has been devastated.  He is the only one left in the city and he is HAPPY!  Goes to the library and makes big stacks of books for Jan, Feb, Mar, etc.  With a big smile on his face he sits down on the library step to begin reading his beloved books.  As he bends over his glasses slide off his face and tumble down the stairs.  He is practically blind without them and slowly begins to descend the stairs, feeling for his glasses as he goes.  CRUNCH - he reached down and discovers he has stepped on and crushed his glasses.  He sits down and starts to cry . . . . fade to black.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Kuya John said:

What if you were the only one left on the Planet?.

Then I may not be dead but I'd already be in Hell.  Humans are social creatures, some more than others.  I love to spend time alone but only when it is a choice.

EDIT after some thought:  And besides, who'd do my washing and cook and clean for me? :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I hope it ends on the 22nd of September as I'm due to pay my rent on the 23rd.  :whistling:

I have a delivery that day and you know how punctual they are so it will not be on that day.

• Haha 2