15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Time to party? :7500:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have a delivery that day and you know how punctual they are so it will not be on that day.

I can bet it won't arrive on that day and when you query why they never delivered it you just know they're going to say the thought the World was due to end and figured you wouldn't want it now. 

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Mike J said:

Over the years I have had a number of people ask me "with all that is happening do you think these are the end times?"  In each case I give them what I believe based on scripture, and what I know based on fact.

What I believe - Mathew 24:36 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father"  If God chose to keep the date of the end times secret, how can anyone presume to know what even Jesus Christ did not know.  There probably has not been a year go by in the past 2000 when someone has not proclaimed we are in the "end times"

What I know - I know for a fact that these are MY end times.  I do not worry about when or even if the earth is going to end, because I absolutely am convinced that I AM GOING TO END and probably in the not too distant future!  I just hope it is not tomorrow!

Tomorrow or the next day matters not, live and give your life to the fullest, after that it matters diddly squat and nigh other. Enjoy, share and prosper. (within reason of course).

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

Nephi
Posted
Posted

I have a feeling that the future or end of the world is a lot more difficult to predict than those people think. Granted, we are in the last days but this could or is likely to continue for much, much longer. Most important thing is to do good and enjoy life - today for we can not prevent the inevitable end whenever it comes. Life is meant to be enjoyed and not just endured. 

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

George Orwell got it wrong too and we are now looking forward to our September meet in Dumaguete :thumbsup:

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Nephi said:

I have a feeling that the future or end of the world is a lot more difficult to predict than those people think. Granted, we are in the last days but this could or is likely to continue for much, much longer. Most important thing is to do good and enjoy life - today for we can not prevent the inevitable end whenever it comes. Life is meant to be enjoyed and not just endured. 

Endure we will, enjoy we hope and try.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

George Orwell got it wrong too and we are now looking forward to our September meet in Dumaguete :thumbsup:

Looks like you won't be alone after all Dave.......but what about procreation? :hystery:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

what about procreation?

Is that like recreation . . . . with a pro?

• Haha 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Is that like recreation . . . . with a pro?

I guess it depends on whether you pro-fess to such things.....:hystery:

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
On 9/17/2017 at 8:01 PM, Mike J said:

What I know - I know for a fact that these are MY end times.  I do not worry about when or even if the earth is going to end, because I absolutely am convinced that I AM GOING TO END and probably in the not too distant future!  I just hope it is not tomorrow!

That's interesting Mike that you feel that way. Without getting too personal, could you please tell us why you say that?   I've felt that off and on living here too, and wondered if others felt that way, or for many different reasons. 

For myself I have good days and great days, but some days while living here the words "dead end" come to mind, as though even though I'm feeling healthy and relatively young, sometimes I feel that my options for my best days and experiences are behind me now. Hope I'm not being too maudlin folks.

• Like 1