Having no money

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We all have read the stories and maybe have been involved in the saying too " we have no money".

But how true is it.

Yesterday talking to Emma about her past and mine too, I started talking about birthdays and blowing out the candles and making a wish, Emma did none of these things she told me.

She said she can recall not having a birthday cake or candle's for many many years and she even mentioned maybe not being one of the favourite  child even.

Can anyone recall there partners being like this , I know if you are short of money birthdays and Christmas can go out of the window and I know that her sister's don't seem to make a fuse about birthdays too, well that's unless it's a gift or cash coming from us .

It did surprise me when she told me these things and what you here about children and families over there how much they love and share things, maybe like Ihave said there store important things then birthdays.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

We all have read the stories and maybe have been involved in the saying too " we have no money".

But how true is it.

Are you asking the same question as Jack asked here:

On 9/4/2017 at 11:28 AM, Jack Peterson said:

We read and hear about No work, No money (Budget) YET the Roads are thronging with all types of vehicles

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

But how true is it.

Yesterday talking to Emma about her past and mine too, I started talking about birthdays and blowing out the candles and making a wish, Emma did none of these things she told me.

She said she can recall not having a birthday cake or candle's for many many years and she even mentioned maybe not being one of the favourite  child even.

Can anyone recall there partners being like this , I know if you are short of money birthdays and Christmas can go out of the window and I know that her sister's don't seem to make a fuse about birthdays too, well that's unless it's a gift or cash coming from us .

It did surprise me when she told me these things and what you here about children and families over there how much they love and share things, maybe like Ihave said there store important things then birthdays.

As I understand it, when it is your birthday here, YOU are the one who provides a celebration.  So I can see how some might avoid their own birthday celebration.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Are you asking the same question as Jack asked here:

Well sort off,

What about not giving to there own family  with gifts on birthdays,

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

As I understand it, when it is your birthday here, YOU are the one who provides a celebration.  So I can see how some might avoid their own birthday celebration.

But if you are a child , then how do you provide .

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I know if you are short of money birthdays and Christmas can go out of the window and I know that her sister's don't seem to make a fuse about birthdays too,

Well Steve, either "EM's has forgotten or you have never really been involved but "Filipino Pastime is party time" This was one of the many things that prompted a recent Topic on the Subject on How poor is poor I started. I can't answer for other islands but believe me, on Negros this is a very common Event;

lola and Cake.JPG Lola on her 94 th Birthday

Many here will Struggle, Borrow and get local Credit to have a party but a Party they will have

Jack:smile:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Like 4

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well Steve, either "EM's has forgotten or you have never really been involved but "Filipino Pastime is party time" This was one of the many things that prompted a recent Topic on the Subject on How poor is poor I started. I can't answer for other islands but believe me, on Negros this is a very common Event;

lola and Cake.JPG Lola on her 94 th Birthday

Many here will Struggle, Borrow and get local Credit to have a party but a Party they will have

Jack:smile:

Morning All:photo-109:

I agree about that Jack. Age is honored here, so many adults especially a parent or grandparents will get a special birthday. Children though, are not always recognized as often as adults I think.