Truth in Advertising: Would We Have Still Come Here?

Castaway
Posted
Posted

Let’s face it!  Most people, including myself (of course) love the advertisements for tourism to the Philippines!... but do they tell the whole story?... of course not!

There was this one:

1.JPG

And then there was this one:

2.JPG

And now we have this one:

now.JPG

BUT what if there was this one?

AD.JPG

Of course not, there would never be an advertisement like this!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Castaway said:

BUT what if there was this one?

AD.JPG

Of course not, there would never be an advertisement like this!

Not in a Tourist Brochure no but anyone that interested in coming here would "Google" Things and there they will learn some truth But then:571c66d400c8c_1(103): If you did this to any Touristy Country I would hazard a guess the story would be the same Advertising per se is just that Advertising. No one Advertises the Bad things but they are there for all to see

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted

You'r right Jack, every country has doom and gloom in the media but if we took notice of it we would never get out of bed and explore the beauty of other countries. 

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

The only advertising I ever heard for the PIs was sea stories from other sailors.  The reality more than lived up to the hype ha ha.  Honestly, in the US, I never saw any ads, or heard anyone, talking about the PIs.

But before moving over here I still came for some vacations to make sure I could be happy here. I would never pay too much attention to ads... or my Navy memories.  :tiphat:

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Not just the Phils , but everywhere i go too i always read up from many sites and comments.

Castaway
Posted
Posted

Back at home, my next door neighbors, as well as my neighbors across the street, were all from the Philippines. I never heard any great comments from any of them about the Philippines... but I must say that I enjoyed the Pancit, BBQ and other goodies that they shared with me and the other neighbors.

So, before I ever came here, I never felt any deep attraction to the Philippines (based on what Fil-Americans told me, as well as everything that I saw on the news and the Internet about the Philippines).

However, with low expectations, I was pleasantly surprised by the many good things that I found here.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I did not see any adverts before I came here.I know a couple who do travel blogs over here and they will openly admit that if they told the truth their hits would diminish and they would get no money from them.

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

i dont get this topic. A picture of a bus crash? Happens everywhere so what's the deal here?  I recall several tourist in Australia over the years that end up dead because they drove on the wrong side of the road despite many publications explaining the road rules. Most countries try to get tourisam dollars and it's funny to me that many comments I have read on various forums etc that say there is no where to go in the Philippines. Beats me I guess some never venture out doors.  Reminds me I have not seen Ed around for some time. :smile:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

i dont get this topic. A picture of a bus crash? Happens everywhere so what's the deal here?  I recall several tourist in Australia over the years that end up dead because they drove on the wrong side of the road despite many publications explaining the road rules. Most countries try to get tourisam dollars and it's funny to me that many comments I have read on various forums etc that say there is no where to go in the Philippines. Beats me I guess some never venture out doors.  Reminds me I have not seen Ed around for some time. :smile:

If the truth was told about any country nobody would visit.How many tourists have been killed in the UK this year.ED yeh he must have found a bar. 

• Like 3