Stop Spitting At Me!

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Has anyone been spat at by their split aircon wall mount? I'm just sitting here now having turned it on after being out for a while and I haven't put my shirt on yet. Suddenly...Ptew! Ptew! Ptew! I'm being spat on. Tiny droplets to be sure and not like a leak from those dreadful in-the-ceiling units. But , there it is again! We just had it serviced two weeks ago.

Have I somehow offended the darn thing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

No you have not but you need to get the people back who serviced as if it is  spitting then it needs attention.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Have I somehow offended the darn thing?

No, Your outlet Pipe is Blocked

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Condensation comes to mind. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Condensation comes to mind. 

In a way you are right but it is not escaping the right way hence my post :smile: the OP is probably got the temp too low and needs to adjust on Startup then control as the room cools down

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

No, Your outlet Pipe is Blocked

Drainline then? I'll have a look.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

Drainline then? I'll have a look.

Best idea, if the Outlet is not near the ground things can crawl up, Sometime ago I had a Cockroach wedged up mine and it blocked the outlet and back up all the way to the unit.these, plastic pipes also get mildew in them which can Block, if you can get to an opening at the top Pour some Pipe cleaner down as you would a sink. Works wonders

Jack:smile:

Morning All   Good morning A Lie.jpg :hystery: Avvagudun all of you :thumbsup:

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

UPDATE: I think I found the problem. Our drain line is long, probably too long, and there's a rock that should be on it to keep the open end down. I found the rock off and the pipe angled upward. Weighing it down again released a good cup of water. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, JDDavao said:

UPDATE: I think I found the problem. Our drain line is long, probably too long, and there's a rock that should be on it to keep the open end down. I found the rock off and the pipe angled upward. Weighing it down again released a good cup of water. 

If you are not going to have it serviced soon it might also help to run a bleach solution down through the drain pipe.  They can get dirt/moss buildup inside and that will help clean it out.

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

If you are not going to have it serviced soon it might also help to run a bleach solution down through the drain pipe.  They can get dirt/moss buildup inside and that will help clean it out.

I'm going to have to do something with the length of the pipe. It's too long. I think I'll halve it and attach an elbow. Then dig a smallish hole and fill it with gravel to let it empty into.